0 0%
  • New - Suggest or Hate

0 0%
  • Detail - Support or Pay

0 0%
  • Detail - Suggest or Hate

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Today I made a Monospace Pixelated BBcasual font...only to found out I can't use it. After someone on DaFont made the same request.
    https://fontstruct.com/fontstruction...xel-size5-v0-9

So I going to list some of the features...I might comeback and update with detail if, this gets sticky'd, monetary support starts & I get to be the Design Director.
    Look Blackberry, TCL & now Onward Mobility have all quit. Its time we start small and then work our way to where we want to go.
    - Please don't comment to this thread if you have nothing useful to add
    - If you comment on a feature, edit your reply to explain in detail w/Pictures & use Examples to base your idea to easier understand

---BASICS---
    - KiaOS = Non-Touch OS = Low Cost phone cause less rescources needed to compute the Touch Display on a Android-ish OS

- Passport's TouchTap Keyboard = Balance the lack of Touch Display w/a more/dedicated Settings App to Config Split Zones, Hardkey Modifier Reply, Hotkey per App, User Toolbox

- [vs Redunant/Abandonment Issues/Old Certifcate Date/Complex Sideload/Unsafe PC needed then Blaming Apps App Shop...using PC isn't safer BB]
    = Plugin-based App Series of Basic Apps [Firefox NetBrowser > TextEditor, FileManager, ImagePainter/Editor, Mediaplayer, etc] w/3 types Plugin, Package [Overhaul/MultiPlugin], Patch [Fix/Depend] > Devs must update w/Plugins built-in at certain points [User will then be notified what plugins they don't need or keep in case of problems]
    = have 2-Tier of 1st-Party Apps per Type [Lo2Mid = Note2Wordpad w/Syntax/Markdown, Mid2Hi = Doc/PDFviewer2Editor]
    = Break Uploaders into 4-5 Ranks [Enterprise, Established, Reputatable, Novice] and Vote/Archive Legacy Apps [ES Filer 3.2.5]
    = Plugin Shop [+App/Media/Read/Tweak Shop] > Plugins are probably easier to Virus Scan & possible use OCR Scan w/Codecheck to make plugin on Phone [If Built-in IDLE like Qpython/PyDroid w/TkinterGUI/Kivy]
    = Reguest/Vote/Donate for Plugins/Package/Patch Forum/System [Write small Plugins w/Multi-downloads == $0.10 * 1million]
    = App Shop with Online AppDemo Emulator vs expecting Devs to maintain 2 apps
    = Plugin Spending Credit w/Phone Purchase [Register/Detect Phone w/Account vs Pushing Users to Pirate, App-Shop w/o Free Filter]: Basically instead of making 100 Notepad Apps that get to the same amount of Features then You end up w/2-3 of them...make Apps Plugin-base then have others make plugins

---NEW---
    :INFO: [A] Phoneless Keymap, [B] KiaOS Passport 'Pockit Plane', [C] 'SECRET UNTIL A/B/ME PAID' Portrait or Landscape 'Pockit Pilot'
    - [A/B] Labelless Transparent Keymat w/Slot underneath for a customized 2-sided Printout Slip for Key Labels while over the Clickermap buttons, the Keymat would be design with thin/weak spacing to avoid accidental multi-press & design an underbump per key for Keymat to easily press into Clickermap buttons

- [A] vs Bluetooth Keymap/board that didn't have Apps for more Features/Compatibility, no OTG USB-C w/USB-Hub [Fast Input while Charging phone], premium versions w/built-in powerbank or sdcard slots [then you can Convert your SDcard into an Internal Card]

- [D/E] Sad how iPhone & Blackberry had their own-closed Ecosystem [Branded OS/Hardware] of Devices, but didn't do Project Ara [Lego Phone, Google 'LG G6 Jaw Lukong']...LG G5 & Moto Z Play tried failed cause their mods were 1-Job and 3rd-party Fundraiser had to make a Hardkeyboard for Moto Z Play [Which wasn't made and later became FxTEC Pro1]
    = Problem 1 w/Past Devs is over/under/beyond modularization = Bundle specific Specs [CPU/GPU/RAM as 1 vs No == Bottleneck] and require plugged out w/removed battery [Lego Phone wanted Hotswap w/Device on years ago...we still had to ground ourselves to avoid shocking our devices]
    = Problem 2 w/Past Devs start on small devices instead of starting at Tablets == Play room before compacting size & bring back customization for laptops like desktop to a lesser extend

- [C/D/E/+] For Hi-Spec/Usage Phones:
    = 2x Batteries [Swap 1x = Instant 50% Charge]
    = 2x USB-C Ports [Double Lo-Size Batteries Charging == Fast-Charging-like Math, 2x OTG Devices or Charge+OTG use, maybe remove 3.5mm Jack & package 3.5mm/USB-C Adapter]

- [B/+] 2x SDcard Slot: Build phones w/Lo/No Internal Storage like PC [CHEAPER]
    = Put a Stable OS to run from a Read-Only Chip then write all System Data/Config to User Card & use 1xSDcard to install a New OS on
    or put a OS Installer only on the Read-only Chip to be used from Recovery/Download Mode [First Bootup to Auto/Install OS to any Available SDcard/'OutCard' [OTG = OffCard, ROM/System/User = In/PartCard], Hold 1-Key then 2nd-Key while Start'g for Pre-Boot OS then Pick to Update from SDCard, Multi-boot, OS Reset/Backup/Backstep]
    = Keeping First OS Safe [Use Phone/Card Passcode for Theft-Access], allow Users to use 1 SDcard to expand InCard/BankRAM [BankRAM = Hard Pagefile/Swap Ram, PowerRAM == Soldered RAM] and another to keep all App/Phone Cache/Config & User Files]
    = WE ALL KNOW WHEN THEY WERE SAYING 32/64GB PHONES HAVE 128/256GB EXPANDABLE STORAGE THAT YOU COULDN'T USE IT FOR INSTALLING YOUR BIG APPS ON, THEY PUT BIGGER STORAGE FOR GAMERS...NOT EVERYONE IS A GAMER, NOW ANDROID APPS ARE 100-300MB AVG [QuickEdit.apk == 60MB...so is State of Decay YOSE or ES5 Skyrim] AND EVEN J2ME PHONES & MOST APK COULDN'T RUN FROM OUT-STORAGES LIKE PC'S USB DRIVES

- [C, Clue1] Has a Full Display [Losing 1:1 for a 2:3] while also having a hard keyboard can be either Portrait or Landscape w/o Moving/Signal/OTG Parts

---DETAIL---
    Sorry I have to comeback tomorrow as the place I'm at is closing.
    05-21-22 10:10 PM
    Can't be done.

Unless you're just using some Passport parts in a totally new device.

And assuming you can reverse engineer the keyboard and develop your own low level drivers for it.
    Last edited by conite; 05-22-22 at 11:04 AM.
    05-22-22 10:24 AM
    It's fun to dream sometimes.... but reality is reality.
    Rootbrian likes this.
    05-23-22 07:37 AM
    So, if I understand correctly, you posted an ugly, pixelated font, and for some reason, you want to develop a physical phone as well?

Tell ya what. *if* I was willing to invest $1.2M USD, and include the value of my Tampa Bay house (probably another $1.2M USD) , what would that give me as an investor?

Note: I'm very much aware that $2.4M would do nothing in the grand scheme of smartphones, I'm just curious what the OP will say...
    05-26-22 09:54 PM
    So, if I understand correctly, you posted an ugly, pixelated font, and for some reason, you want to develop a physical phone as well?

Tell ya what. *if* I was willing to invest $1.2M USD, and include the value of my Tampa Bay house (probably another $1.2M USD) , what would that give me as an investor?

Note: I'm very much aware that $2.4M would do nothing in the grand scheme of smartphones, I'm just curious what the OP will say...
    If you're that keen to throw away your money invest in a well-developed business opportunity, you could send the money directly to me in the UK.

I would use your investment to enrich my life considerably, and your return would be the warm satisfaction of knowing that you've done good in this world. As you live in Florida, where I'm assured the days are never less than gloriously sunny, and the nights are warm; you won't need a house anyway.
    dmlis, cribble2k and Ph1llip like this.
    05-27-22 02:30 AM
    If you're that keen to throw away your money invest in a well-developed business opportunity, you could send the money directly to me in the UK.

I would use your investment to enrich my life considerably, and your return would be the warm satisfaction of knowing that you've done good in this world. As you live in Florida, where I'm assured the days are never less than gloriously sunny, and the nights are warm; you won't need a house anyway.
    Wouldn't much be lost in the exchange rate?

I failed to mention that I'm Canadian
    Ph1llip likes this.
    05-29-22 11:37 PM
    Wouldn't much be lost in the exchange rate?

I failed to mention that I'm Canadian
    That's OK, you'd probably need to keep your house in Canada then. I understand it gets a bit nippy up there.

Just the Tampa House and your savings is fine. I'm willing to take the hit on the exchange rates.

I'd post my bank details here, but it's a public forum and I wouldn't want you to worry about this being a scam.

A cheque through the mail is probably best. I'll look out for it.
    dmlis and cribble2k like this.
    05-30-22 02:31 AM

What area is your place down here in my locale?
    05-30-22 07:54 AM
    That's OK, you'd probably need to keep your house in Canada then. I understand it gets a bit nippy up there.

Just the Tampa House and your savings is fine. I'm willing to take the hit on the exchange rates.

I'd post my bank details here, but it's a public forum and I wouldn't want you to worry about this being a scam.

A cheque through the mail is probably best. I'll look out for it.
    You don't deserve such largesse, I do. Every time I go visit Florida, I get to stay in a Conex box dressed up to look like liveable quarters which some pencil pushing bureaucrat thought made perfectly acceptable accommodation.
    05-30-22 11:07 AM
    You don't deserve such largesse, I do. Every time I go visit Florida, I get to stay in a Conex box dressed up to look like liveable quarters which some pencil pushing bureaucrat thought made perfectly acceptable accommodation.
    Shuuuuush! He'll hear and might pull out when we're sooooo close to him biting!

Once he transfers the money, and I'm rich, we can discuss your cut.
    05-30-22 11:34 AM
    What area is your place down here in my locale?
    South of Tampa,

Rotunda West
    Last edited by cribble2k; 07-20-22 at 06:20 AM.
    06-10-22 11:50 PM
    South of Tampa,

Rotunda West

Attachment 452692
    LMAO - That's next door to where my wife grew up. Warm Mineral Springs and Englewood areas. Gorgeous picture.
    cribble2k likes this.
    06-11-22 06:02 AM
    LMAO - That's next door to where my wife grew up. Warm Mineral Springs and Englewood areas. Gorgeous picture.
    Exactly.

I have to fly from Ottawa -> Toronto -> Tampa, and drive about 2 hours to get there, but it's worth it.

I love the area. Groceries and alcohol are close by (Winn-Dixie).

During the winter months, I can fly into Fort Myers, rather than TPA.
    Last edited by cribble2k; 06-13-22 at 10:34 PM.
    06-13-22 10:11 PM
    01-31-23 01:04 PM