I just got my wifes new 8310 today. I have it activated on the att network but it is only showing a gsm signal(my 8310 has edge signal) Also when looking I cant find an email setup wizard to setup email on her phone. The only thing I notice was that when going thru the blackberry setup it asked if I wanted to add enterprise email(i'm on BIS)
    Another problem I noticed is that the blackberry browser isn't there.
    Please help

Stacey
    Edit: never mind I jumped the gun. I just found another thread that said when my device is fully activated taht I would receive and email and that the blackberry browser would push to my device is this correct?
    Last edited by slscarbo; 07-21-08 at 04:50 PM.
    07-21-08 04:46 PM
    Yes, You need to make sure you have the DATA plan.
    07-21-08 04:58 PM
    Yeah I was very concerned the first couple of days because I couldn't find my browser either. But after a day or two it got pushed to my device thank goodness. And there should be a place to set up email in the Setup Wizard.
    07-21-08 05:02 PM
    Yes definitely have the data plan but no option anywhere to setup personal email
    I'm puzzled?
    07-21-08 05:03 PM
    Have you created an account on your carriers BIS website?

BlackBerry Internet Service

Give that a try
    07-21-08 05:12 PM
    just tried registering via the att BIS site, it says that the device has not been registered with the network yet.
    07-21-08 05:22 PM
    I would try giving AT&T a call then. I'm sure there's something else you could do. There are many others on this site that are Geniuses that could help you.
    07-21-08 05:23 PM
    I would call. Have them ensure it is fully provisioned on the front and backend as there are two places it can fault on the carriers end.
    07-21-08 05:58 PM
    I am online with tech support now. Looks like it may have been what you suggested Brian. Have everything out of the phone and he is working on my account. I will update when I fins out if this works, thanks for the help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 06:33 PM
    Thanks for all the help they got me working

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD