OKay so I just got the Curve 8310 and I want to set up my email accounts on this device. When I go to Setup Wizard> Email Setup, I get two options.

One is:

I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

and the other is:

I want to skip email setup.

When I choose the first option it says " Has your BB Enterprise Server Adminstrator provided you with an Enterprise activation password? Yes/No

If I select no it goes to another screen but if I select yes it asks for the email password and pin?

Not sure what to do here? Please help! I've tried entering my gmail account but it doesn't work. What am I missing here?
    10-23-09 05:25 PM
    Did you buy this BlackBerry new or used?
    10-23-09 05:26 PM
    Open your Manage Internet email icon - it's the envelope with a gear in front of it. When the page opens, scroll to and click add email, then follow the prompts. You should only need to enter your address and password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 05:30 PM
    Did you buy this BlackBerry new or used?
    I bought it new. Does it affect anything?
    10-23-09 05:31 PM
    Ok cool, so its new, that answers a question for me.

Now, second question, do you have internet connection on the device, like are you able to access the web?
    10-23-09 05:32 PM
    Open your Manage Internet email icon - it's the envelope with a gear in front of it. When the page opens, scroll to and click add email, then follow the prompts. You should only need to enter your address and password.

I apologize but I do not think I have that particular icon on my phone.
    10-23-09 05:36 PM
    Ok cool, so its new, that answers a question for me.

Now, second question, do you have internet connection on the device, like are you able to access the web?
    Yes. I can access the web and data.
    10-23-09 05:36 PM
    OKay so I just got the Curve 8310 and I want to set up my email accounts on this device. When I go to Setup Wizard> Email Setup, I get two options.

One is:

I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

and the other is:

I want to skip email setup.

When I choose the first option it says " Has your BB Enterprise Server Adminstrator provided you with an Enterprise activation password? Yes/No

If I select no it goes to another screen but if I select yes it asks for the email password and pin?

Not sure what to do here? Please help! I've tried entering my gmail account but it doesn't work. What am I missing here?
    Call Customer Service. If you don't want to use your phone to connect to your work email system, then you might have the wrong Blackberry plan. You should have the Blackberry Internet Server not the Blackberry Enterprise one.
    10-23-09 05:50 PM
    Ok, go to your manage connections icon, then turn off all network connections, wait 30 seconds, turn em back on then try a battery pull, then go back to your email set up.
    10-23-09 05:52 PM
    Call Customer Service. If you don't want to use your phone to connect to your work email system, then you might have the wrong Blackberry plan. You should have the Blackberry Internet Server not the Blackberry Enterprise one.
    I bought this phone unlocked new from eBay. Perhaps I should have stated that in my opening post. Could it be a setting I need to alter?
    10-23-09 05:53 PM
    When you activated the phone, did you add a BlackBerry Data Plan? If so did you add a BlackBerry Internet Service or BlackBerry Enterprise Service plan?
    10-23-09 05:55 PM
    When you activated the phone, did you add a BlackBerry Data Plan? If so did you add a BlackBerry Internet Service or BlackBerry Enterprise Service plan?
    I dropped my sim in from my iPhone that was it.
    10-23-09 05:59 PM
    I apologize but I do not think I have that particular icon on my phone.
    Did you look in the settings folder? These instructions are for personal email.

10-23-09 06:01 PM
    You will need to call ATT and have them switch you over to a BlackBerry Data Package, shouldnt be much difference cost wise, but in order to get the most from your BB you will need it.
    10-23-09 06:02 PM
    That's your problem, call and set up a BlackBerry
    Plan. You should be able to follow my instructions once you do.

10-23-09 06:03 PM
    You need to call Customer Service and have them change your acct to the Blackberry Internet Service.
    10-23-09 06:05 PM
    You will need to call ATT and have them switch you over to a BlackBerry Data Package, shouldnt be much difference cost wise, but in order to get the most from your BB you will need it.
    I don't understand. I have a $30 data package already for the iphone how is this any different? and how will it make the personal email setting appear in Setup wizard?
    10-23-09 06:08 PM
    Push email goes through BlackBerry. And you will be able to use the Manage Option once you have a BlackBerry plan. Dreamer is right, the cost will be about the same, you just need to be on the network. You will get a few other options as well. It shouldn't be a big deal with CS.

10-23-09 06:18 PM
    I don't understand. I have a $30 data package already for the iphone how is this any different? and how will it make the personal email setting appear in Setup wizard?
    You need to switch from the data plan you have to the Blackberry plan or you will not get the Blackberry specific features on your BB.
    10-23-09 06:18 PM
    Your iphone data package wont allow you to utulize BB features, because they are run off of a different server, hence why you cant use email feature, and probably BBM either.

I know it seems silly, but it needs to be a BlackBerry specific data plan.
    10-23-09 06:20 PM
    I think the information at this link may be helpful for you. It is part of the BlackBerry 101 guide.

http://crackberry.com/blackbery-101-...s-email-basics

10-23-09 06:38 PM
    sorry guys im an *****.. I called att and all is well I got my email accts on!

anyways this device says 'wifi' on top of it but how do i turn it on? or is it even supported?

btw- thanks for the help!!
    10-24-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD