I recently got my bold 9900 while on holiday in the uk from a website called gumtree (kind of like ebay) but it was locked to vodafone.i unlocked it and i think the person that sold it to me reported the phone stolen probably so he could get another one from insurance so they blocked my line coudn't make calls or send texts but my bbm and browser were still workin using a tmobile sim.im bak in my country and my phone works just fine.I want to join the blackberry beta zone and as you know I need to put up my pin to register.im now afraid blackberry would block the phone entirely or something.dyu think its safe to put up my pin?someone tell me I'm bothering myself over nothing
    12-07-11 08:15 AM
    If you have all the documentation form Gumtree either file a fraud claim with the site or send copies to the carrier. He should be held to account. If he has committed insurance fraud he should be punished. If not related to the account holder, then there should be a fraud policy with the selling site or even go to your credit card company
    12-07-11 08:31 AM
    Thanks for your reply.thing is there was no documentation involved I just gave him the cash and got the phone.that's how I got my bold 9700 last year and everything was fine.I'm not in the uk at the moment So I can't report any fraud plus I don't even have proof I gave him the money.I jus wanna know if my phone would be blocked from blackberry if I put up my pin in the beta zone
    12-07-11 09:01 AM
    Maybe the guy who sold it to you stole it
    12-07-11 09:59 AM
    Seemed like a stand-up guy.was a construction worker.but its too late now.no-one seems to be answering my main question
    12-07-11 10:23 AM
    You could email vodafone and have them check the ESN and see if it's been reported lost or stolen, or if it's blocked because it owes them money. I looked at that website and it appears to be more like a craigslist kind of thing, and much more of a buyer beware kind of situation. I really think you are VERY limited in your options here.

We don't have an answer for you we just don't know!
    12-07-11 10:24 AM
    alright thanks.i think il jsut take the risk and join anyway
    12-07-11 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD