Hi all!

Verizon is sending me a new bold 9650 for tomorrow because my radio was acting up on my current one. They told me I have to take out the sim card and put it in the new one....My questions are:

1. To transfer my contacts, what do I have to do?

2. Will my bbm contacts be affected?

3. Will plugging the phone into the computer (via blackberry desktop manager) be enough to restore the device?

I know many of you have replacements...so It would be extremely useful if you could walk me through the process. Thank you so much!
    06-20-11 05:25 PM
    Hi all!

Verizon is sending me a new bold 9650 for tomorrow because my radio was acting up on my current one. They told me I have to take out the sim card and put it in the new one....My questions are:

1. To transfer my contacts, what do I have to do?

2. Will my bbm contacts be affected?

3. Will plugging the phone into the computer (via blackberry desktop manager) be enough to restore the device?

I know many of you have replacements...so It would be extremely useful if you could walk me through the process. Thank you so much!
    Hi, Verizon or any other CDMA network does not use a sim card so you must use it abroad?

If you have done a backup of your contacts and phone everything should restore to your new phone with dm. I'm not sure about bbm contacts because I don't use it but I think they can be backed up as not, again not sure if dm does this or it's an option in bbm.

If you have an sd card in it you will want to take it out and keep it and if the new one comes with one put that in the old one. You'll also want to wipe the phone of all of your information with a security wipe.

As for purchased apps you'll need to change the PIN to the PIN of your new device.

If anyone else can think of anything I'm sure they'll let you know. I've never had to do this before either.
    06-20-11 05:39 PM
    Hi! I'm sorry!I used the wrong word hahah I mean my SD/memory card. Are my contacts stored on there? I'm just worried because my desktop manager is showing me that I have no contacts synced even though the phone has been backed up to the computer.

I do have back up assistant which is run through Verizon but I still don't want any trouble.
    06-20-11 05:44 PM
    No your contacts are not stored on the sd card. Do you sync your contacts, calendar etc. with anything like outlook or other email program? If not there is nothing to sync them with.
    06-20-11 05:47 PM
    Okay thank you for your help!
    06-20-11 05:47 PM
    If your worried about your info you can always hold on the old one and before you wipe it do the restore on your new one and once your sure everything is there then wipe the old one.
    06-20-11 05:50 PM
    Just use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Or do a Backup and Restore in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    06-20-11 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD