Hey Everyone
    I'm hoping you can help me with finding links for one of my projects. Its for my business class and we are in the process of completing a company module and I of course chose RIM. The information I'm having a hard time finding is this:
    --Instructions: Explain the company’s international initiatives.
    1.Identify the foreign markets in which the company sells its products and/or services
    2.Mention the company’s global expansion plans for the future
    --Instructions: Address the company’s multicultural initiatives and strategies.
    1.Describe how the company supports diversity in the workplace

I've been googling and trying to find the information on RIM's website but I think I'm just brain dead now. I know that if I go to blackberry.com I can find all the countries that they market to in the drop down list but I wanted more of a date they branched out to that country.
    Any help any of you guys can help will be very appreciated! Thanks!
    04-20-09 08:02 PM
    Check the investors page on the RIM website. Might be able to answer one or two of those with that...good luck!

Im in the same boat with an Applied Human Science class...D is for diploma!!! But Im shootin for an "A"
    Last edited by BBartist; 04-20-09 at 09:34 PM.
    04-20-09 09:24 PM
    Try RIM not Blackberry when doing your research. I just did a google search and immediately I found out the company was founded in 1984. I then looked at their press releases and that gave some (not great) news clippings that might help you. If all else fails, I suggest contacting their media department and I'm sure they can provide further details. Sorry can't be more help and good luck with your class.
    04-20-09 09:44 PM
    I googled different combinations of RIM, Blackberry, foreign and initiative as well as business and some other key words and got some pretty varied hits each time. All of them seemed like they'd be research intensive, your project sounds like it's going to be no matter how you approach it.

You might do ok if you do go to BB.com and take the info available there and do a regression of sorts via Google to find the roots of their plans and initiatives as well as future plans. You might want to look at some on line business journals and search there as well.

Sorry I couldn't be more directly helpful.
    04-20-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD