I installed both the 4.7 Desktop manager and 4.5 Version Software Upgrade fine for my blackberry 8120 Pearl. about 3/4 of the way to finishing the upgrade of the device/handheld software, the upgrade wizard thing froze and i had no choice but to kill it. Now my 8120's screen has a rectangular box with a circle,square, and triangle in it outlined by a bigger circle with a slash. What's worse is that my desktop manager can't see my blackberry when its plugged in the USB slot. I uninstalled everything, reinstalled it with no problems. Every time i go back in to try and reload the Device Software, it asks for a password and PIN, the PIN i already got, but i never used a password for the phone itself. Is there a default password Blackberry uses? what should i do?? please HELP, i'll buy BEER, you have my word.
    06-19-09 02:09 AM
    Try clicking on OK, or Next or whatever, you don't need a password.

DM 4.7 can be buggy with Pearls and Curves. You are better off using DM 4.6.

Are yo sure the first upgrade attempt froze? Sometimes it looks like it is frozen, and not making any progress, but it really isn't. Next time, don't unplug your BB unless you get an error message or a completed message.

If you have to, try the nuked BB link in my sig below to reload the OS.
    06-19-09 05:59 AM
    Your link works! I should have done the APPloader instead of going through the Device Manager and bypassed the password in the first place. You are the man! give me an address and i'll send u a giftcard to get u beer, i figure walamrt is pretty much everywehre so ill get you a walmart giftcard, hope thats cool. I cant send private messages yet, so you'll have to hit me up with one. thanks again brother, ill be coming to you some time soon if my stuff craps out again haha
    06-19-09 07:23 PM
    many people would help you here without giving out a beer..

the helper may want one but I am just letting you know ahah
    06-19-09 09:55 PM
    No beer necessary. lol, even if my profile says so.

Glad to hear everything is ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 11:33 PM
    heh well i appreciate the help, blackberry is still alive and workin strong.... 2 days in a row now, woot woot!
    06-20-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD