Aknow this isn't a blackberry issues but didn't know where to ask this but

A just got a sms from 89996 saying thanks for viewing our content bcmsfwc1n3xx, help: 08444457924 (861403496

But a havent touch ma foned or that:/

Is this just a scam that are trying to trick me into something HELP please:/?
    11-27-11 02:39 PM
    Weird... Did you enter your phone number somewhere on the internet for a ringtone or something?
    11-27-11 02:42 PM
    Nope never put ma number in for anything:/ a just got another text the same!

Am really worried:/
    11-27-11 02:43 PM
    11-27-11 02:50 PM
    Whatever you do, DON'T reply. A lot of times these are phishing attempts and when you reply, they'll sign you up for some sort of premium sms charge. You could call your carrier and block Premium SMS and they can also see if there's any activity of that sort on your account.

My wife got fooled into replying to some sweepstakes offer and suddenly there were 2 9.99 charges on our acct. T-Mo removed the charges and blocked premium sms, which we don't use anyway.
    11-27-11 02:53 PM
    A don't remember and plus thts the first time a have got a text from that number

A have heard it charges u for the texts they send and can make ur phone bill bigger but thts worried me:/

See if a keep getting charged the amount over my phone bill can I cancel my contract:/?
    11-27-11 02:54 PM
    Nope a don't have any jared company apps a deleted them ages ago,

Will I phone up 02 customer service the the morra? TheScionicMan*
    11-27-11 02:59 PM
    Nope a don't have any jared company apps a deleted them ages ago,

Will I phone up 02 customer service the the morra? TheScionicMan*
    Even if you deleted the apps, Jared Company could still have your contact information.

I got Jared Company spam after deleting an app and unsubscribing from anything from them.

I ended up contacting the FCC, and since then the spam stopped. I am not sure what authorities handle that type of problem in the UK. The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) handles it in the US.
    11-27-11 03:03 PM
    A have 4 texts from that number in the past hour a have put firewall sms on and what is FCC do? And not sure what type we have in the UK
    11-27-11 03:06 PM
    A have 4 texts from that number in the past hour a have put firewall sms on and what is FCC do? And not sure what type we have in the UK
    The FCC is the department of the US government that enforces all laws related to telephone, television, and radio communications in the US. They have the legal authority to take action against violators. Spam: Unwanted Text Messages and Email | FCC.gov
    11-27-11 03:11 PM
    Do u know where a could find anything like that in UK?
    11-27-11 03:12 PM
    Do u know where a could find anything like that in UK?
    Ofcom | Unsolicited text messages

Data Protection and Freedom of Information advice - ICO
    11-27-11 03:16 PM
    what do a say to them or do a phone up?

Can u give me any information on what to do mate?
    11-27-11 03:21 PM

A just got a sms from 89996 saying thanks for viewing our content bcmsfwc1n3xx, help: 08444457924 (861403496

Sounds like a scam, my advice is NOT to respond to any of the messages by any method. Not phone, not SMS, not email... The only other thing to do is check your billing for bogus charges for premium text services. You can dispute these through your network - but expect a fight, they will not want to cancel the charges unless you force the issue.

Lak611 gave you relevant sites to find contact info for a complaint. Use it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-27-11 03:53 PM
    What do a do but email ofcom or what:/?

A texted a number 7726 the spam a got sent and got a reply.

Your SPAM complaint has been noted and forwarded to our customer care operation. Thank you

So if anybody needs to complain then text that number with ur spam text
    11-27-11 04:03 PM
    can anyone give me something to write to ofcom please just so a make a good complain about this scam please would like anybody to reply thanks!
    11-27-11 04:24 PM
    Someone please comment! My other thread got closed!!
    11-27-11 05:34 PM
    Just call your carrier. We can't do anything. Mine was very understanding, they've obviously seen a ton of this.
    11-27-11 05:47 PM
    ok thanks mate will do in the morning,

What scams did u use to get mate if u don't mind me asking?
    11-27-11 06:10 PM
    Doing a basic google search of the number that texted you shows this thread:

89996 - who calls me from 89996? 1/2

and one post says this:

CALL - 0870 6093042 just been given this number by Orange to call them and cancel the service, you cannot stop them by sending STOP back to them.

You may get a voicemail message but hang up and keep trying the number someone is there to answer the calls. Office hours 9-5.

I hope this helps some of you.
    Not sure if you're on Orange, thought it was mentioned earlier...
    11-27-11 06:17 PM
    am on 02 a have checked my recent charges and been charged 22.50:/

A never got a msg to say stop but and neither a voicemail.
    11-27-11 06:24 PM

I'd delete the damn thing - you never can tell what that kind of junk is. It would be nice to be able to just block something like that though wouldn't it ?
    11-27-11 09:11 PM
    Basically, the system is just like the pay-for-click system by google. When Jared sends this **** and someone accidentally replies or clicks the link (if any), the company gets money.
    11-28-11 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD