hi to everyone !
    this is my story about my blackberry. i had my blackberry's for past 3-4 years but i never connected my blackberry to the desktop and now i have no idea what the "os" is and if i should download it to my desktop. so please help me understand what the os is, and how and where can i find the version.
    thanks and this is crazy bb world here love it!!!!
    10-14-08 03:29 PM
    os is the operating system. go to options/about. in there you will see on the third line
    v 4.x.x.xx (platform 2.x.x.xx)
    you should have 4.2
    10-14-08 03:51 PM
    thanks
    is there a new version where i can watch youtube or other videos on my curve?
    10-14-08 03:58 PM
    4.5.xx is the latest. do a search for the latest operating system for your phone. make sure it matches to your device model (the stable ones usually get stickied in the forums). once you download it, there are many many many threads on how to do this, do a search for upgrading... it's pretty easy. The biggest problems happen when folks think nothing's happening during the upgrade and prematurely disconnect their bb from their computer.

You may also want to try doing this via the blackberry website, but some have said this is hit or miss...
    10-14-08 04:43 PM
    You should read through this very carefully before you try and do the upgrade. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 04:49 PM
    Thanks to everyone for this useful information
    10-14-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD