09-29-09 03:47 AM
138 ... 23456
tools
    What is vertabim
    09-28-09 05:13 AM
    What is vertabim
    Verbatim: definition: in exact words, word for word. Synonym: exactly, precisely
    09-28-09 05:17 AM
    Well i gave it to you word by word okay
    09-28-09 05:17 AM
    Okay. Here is the thing. A process that normally takes about 45
    minutes to 75 minutes has stretched into about five hours.

I am very interested in seeing your issue resolved but my body
    is more interested in rest. With that, I leave you in the capable
    hands of the smartest people on the net, Crackberry.com

I'll check in later to see how you made out.
    09-28-09 05:27 AM
    CMBasurto,

How did you make out? Have you tried disconnecting from the internet before loading the OS on to your berry? Sometimes this can help as, DM will sometimes check online for another vendor.xml file and mess up the load. Disconnecting from the internet will prevent this. To disconnect from the internet either disconnect your LAN cord, or Cable/DSL modem USB cord.

Otherwise is there anything else I can do to help?
    09-28-09 07:39 AM
    Wow, an interesting read indeed!! AG, I can see where you would have gotten frustrated, I did just reading this!

My questions, for cmbasurto:
    1. When you DL'd the version of OS 4.5.0.169, did you choose to save the file, or did you run it directly after download? What I usually do is download the new OS is I SAVE IT TO MY DESKTOP that way I can access it easily. What you have to do after you DL the OS is you have to install it on your computer. There is an install wizard that opens up when you double click the application icon to help you do this. If you haven't installed the OS onto your PC, Desktop Manager will not recognize the new OS, which could be causing your problem.

After you do this, if you open DM and it should automatically locate the upgraded OS on your system, but like I said above, you have to install it on your PC first for it to notice it.
    09-28-09 07:53 AM
    CM, did you read any of the 101 lectures on upgrading/downgrading? They're really useful. I suggest all members of crackberry read that before attemtping any sort of upgrade or the above will occur.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 10:18 AM
    To install or upgrade your OS you should get 3 things downloaded and installed on your PC.

Desktop Manager. Get v4.6 with no media manager from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

CrackMem from the here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/. Please download and install it and then read the Help file. It will really help you as it has a step-by-step guide to upgrading.

The OS that you are searching for. To find the OS, look in http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/ or in the Sticky at the top of the relevant device forum on CrackBerry. You can also obtain this from your carrier from here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp. Remove all other OS installations from your PC.

This link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ Procedure will help answer any questions about the upgrade process.

The whole thing takes about an hour and there is a part where the phone just sits there for a looooong time doing aparently nothing. It is working though, so be patient. Do not unplug your phone from the PC until the process, including the Restore has finished.
    09-28-09 10:48 AM
    Okay well thank you for all your help and first of all is there a problem that the OS is coming from Cellular South and I am trying to put it into my Sprint Curve

Second it does not come out at all and also I have to click browse and I don't know where the OS is so the DM can find it.

Third I follow all those steps and I still don't find it so I just want to know where the OS is so i can get it into my phone

Fourth I am talking or typing right so I don't know what your problems is okay

Fifth Thanks
    09-28-09 08:14 PM
    SO I have tried again to download it and when i am about to click save i see that somehow it turns the download from Celluar South with the 4.5.0.169 to the Sprint 4.5.0.131 which i already have on my phone.
    09-28-09 08:35 PM
    It can't just turn the download into something different, that's not really possible. I have two different OS's saved on my desktop... Are you saving it to your desktop?
    09-28-09 10:50 PM
    no im not should i
    09-28-09 10:54 PM
    Yes, when you click to download the new OS, this time instead of clicking to run after download, click for it to save to your desktop. After the DL, double click the icon for the OS to install it onto your PC. A wizard should open up and it will help you install it, then your DM should recognize it after it's installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 11:06 PM
    Yes but nothing is working!!!!
    09-29-09 12:28 AM
    I'm going to take another, albeit a much shorter, run at this.

You have INSTALLED DM to your PC?. Not just d/load but installed?
    You have INSTALLED the OS to your PC? Not just d/load but installed.

And most importantly you deleted the vendor.xml file I mentioned prior.
    Every time you reinstall an OS to the PC it gets recreated.
    09-29-09 12:50 AM
    YES YES and YES and YES
    09-29-09 01:26 AM
    OMG!!! the update is there i dont know how but it is there so wat do i do
    09-29-09 01:33 AM
    Settle down and click next. Tell me what you see.
    09-29-09 01:36 AM
    It give me the um the core system stuff
    09-29-09 01:39 AM
    and then my apps
    09-29-09 01:40 AM
    OK! Now click "Back" tell me when you are there.
    09-29-09 01:41 AM
    im there ......
    09-29-09 01:42 AM
    should i checkmark S/MIME SUpport Package
    and DOD Root Certificates
    09-29-09 01:43 AM
    ANd Documents to go
    09-29-09 01:44 AM
    Now, put a check in the box for BlackBerry Attachment Service
    and BlackBerry and any other app you want to install. Tell me
    when you are done.
    09-29-09 01:44 AM