Hi,

firstly sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I have a 8900 movistar branded that my friend used first with LIME in Antigua, then on Rogers in Canada.

Now, I am trying to use it on another network (bMobile - Trinidad) and my edge just wont go caps.

I've been told that rogers may of blocked the pin, but when I call them to ask them, they have no record of the phone on their system.

I have tried other sim cards that have BIS activated on it, and it works in the persons phone, but not in mine.

Also, I have tried my sim card in my mom's bb, and the EDGE works fine.

Hence, it has to be a problem with the phone, not so?

Any of you BB gurus have a solution for me?

This is very frustrating
    09-21-10 12:30 PM
    you may need to re download your service books check out bb.anworm.com for BIS/ BES without the data plan or if you have one the portal should have an option
    09-22-10 03:23 PM
    No BIS ... edge just wont go caps. ... it works in the persons phone, but not in mine. ...
    Simple to explain, you do not have a BIS associated with your device PIN number. No BIS, no EDGE.

If you put your SIM card in a correctly provisioned device, everything works as expected.

The solution is to subscribe to BIS, or use it for Voice and SMS text messages only.

EDGE
    You can use the phone, send and receive email messages, PIN
    messages, SMS text messages, and MMS messages, and use the
    browser with a high-speed data connection.

GPRS
    You can use the phone, send and receive email messages, PIN
    messages, SMS text messages, and MMS messages, and use the
    browser.

edge
    You can use the phone and send and receive SMS text messages.
    09-22-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD