Hope this is the right forum to ask a simple question. (New user)

Mail and sms alerts.
    When I hold my storm in normal position the icons are not showing the alert red star if I have don't have any unread messages.
    But if I flip it to horizontal view and then back to normal view the all icons all of a sudden have a red alert star even though I haven and unread messages.
    How come ??

Use to have a OMNIA......but STORM is way way better, can only regret I didn't buy a Blackberry before.
    06-05-09 02:22 AM
    Try a battery pull (a.k.a. reset). In case you don't know how, read on....

With the device on, simply remove the battery. Leave it out for at least 60 seconds. Then re-install it. The device should automatically power back up, and everything should be working normal.
    06-05-09 02:46 AM
    I have assigned personal ringtones to all my numbers, and one of the contacts ringtone has become the alert for general sms's. How do I assign a ringtone for general sms. Someone help please
    06-05-09 04:52 AM
    I have assigned personal ringtones to all my numbers, and one of the contacts ringtone has become the alert for general sms's. How do I assign a ringtone for general sms. Someone help please

Just go to profiles and open advance. Edit the sms alert tone.
    06-05-09 04:55 AM
    thanks for your help. I'll give that go. I'm sure I'll be back
    06-05-09 05:13 AM
    I tried looking for profiles, but I didnt find a folder with that little Bugger in it. So sorry to be a pain but if anyone can help me that would be great. I've only had the phone for two days. Soooo look forward to some help
    06-05-09 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD