Well, my mom is eligiable for an upgrade in a couple months, and I want to help her pick a new smart phone. She doesn't want a blackberry because the full keyboad buttons are too small for her, and she doesn't like touch screen. Is there any smartphones that would fit her?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 07:11 AM
    The best advise anyone can give you, is get Mom to the local retailer and have her "play" with a couple to find out what she wants.
    01-23-11 07:31 AM
    Never thought about that, haha. Thanks for the idea. If anyone could save me some time of going up there, just some ideas for phones like that would be nice. It has to be another smartphone or the choice would be easy.

01-23-11 07:52 AM
    Try a droid pro...I agree with jimi, take her to the store to try different phones. She may be surprised at how nice some of the touch screens are.

01-23-11 08:15 AM
    well i hate to tell you, but if she dosent want a bb because of the full keyboard and she dosent want a touchscreen she is pretty much SOL. Blackberries have the best keyboards around, and most of the android phones have a touchscreen. Some androids (droid 2) have a touchscreen and a slideout keyboard, but those keyboards are crap compared to bb.
    01-23-11 08:16 AM
    That's kind of hard being she don't like keyboards or touch...

I know what you met though.

She may like a horizontal keyboard on some of the Androids and if she isn't coming from a BB to it, then should be able to learn it fast.

I would check out the Droid2. Or wait as some new Androids are about to come out, but your mom would be rocking some high advanced technical marvels...I know my mom could care less, but if she specifically asked for a smartphone, then go for it!

01-23-11 08:19 AM
    Sounds like your mom may be interested in either a Nokia, Palm, or a Windows Phone. Just from whatyou've stated, neither Blackberry nor Android would be the way to go unless you go with a Pearl 9100.
    01-23-11 08:30 AM
    Thank you guys so much for your help, I will be sure to tell her all of this to help her with a new phone.
    01-23-11 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD