I was just gifted a bb8703e with "Cbeyond" service and I want to flash my phone from this service to my existing cricket account. I've wanted a bb for years and now that i have one (since Imma po ndn) I truly need to use it on my cricket service because it's the only one I can afford ! So please if you all have the inclination to walk this newbie through what needs to be done I would greatly appreciate it! Of course it would be optimal to have all of the options available, working and fully fuctional, ** would not want this? HAHA
    09-01-08 10:27 PM
    You want it flashed?

Operating System upgrade? Or unlocked to use another carrier?

Seach the forum here for the latest OS for the 8703.
    09-01-08 10:31 PM
    Hey ya made it! Did you check with Cricket to see if they have data available? I didn't think they did but I saw a post recently that said otherwise.
    09-01-08 10:38 PM
    ok I looked into this for you, Cbeyond cricket and the 8703e phone are all on CDMA network. Now the questions are, 1 if Cbeyond and Cricket use the same bandwith, and 2 can you get cricket to flash it for you. It can be done, If the Cricket person you deal with knows how and is willing to. Keep in mind they want to sell you a phone. But if there bandwiths are different then its over. No can do. Lastly you could go with Cbeyond for your carrier who seems to be along the same lines as Cricket with cost. Neither of which your going to want to use data on IF it's even available. Good Luck
    09-01-08 10:56 PM
    You want it flashed?

Operating System upgrade? Or unlocked to use another carrier?

Seach the forum here for the latest OS for the 8703.

since I have no idea what I'm doing, I can only say this, that I do know is that this phone is cdma, so, I would like to use cricket as my carrier. Any upgrades would be of benefit or not correct , depening on certain things as I understand it.
    09-01-08 10:58 PM
    Hey ya made it! Did you check with Cricket to see if they have data available? I didn't think they did but I saw a post recently that said otherwise.
    when calling cricket I was not able to get an operator who did not have an accent so thick I could understand a word they were saying. There is a local business up the street from me I was planning on visiting to see if they can flash the phone, but yanno bein po n stuff I kinda wanted to get it as cheaply as possible with none of the crappy crap that comes with being poor
    09-01-08 11:00 PM
    Cricket will not generally flash devices for people due to the fact that they make their profits mostly from their overpriced phones. That being said, authorized retailers of several carriers will usually flash devices for around $70. This is your best bet. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 11:01 PM
    Cricket will not generally flash devices for people due to the fact that they make their profits mostly from their overpriced phones. That being said, authorized retailers of several carriers will usually flash devices for around $70. This is your best bet. Good luck!

09-01-08 11:02 PM
    If jenay is right on the 70 bucks, honestly the phones not worth that. Sorry X.
    09-01-08 11:04 PM
    Sorry I didn't mean to post that twice - a friend sat on my phone.

Anyhow, I can guarantee what I posted above, as I have friends who use cricket.

09-01-08 11:06 PM
    ok I looked into this for you, Cbeyond cricket and the 8703e phone are all on CDMA network. Now the questions are, 1 if Cbeyond and Cricket use the same bandwith, and 2 can you get cricket to flash it for you. It can be done, If the Cricket person you deal with knows how and is willing to. Keep in mind they want to sell you a phone. But if there bandwiths are different then its over. No can do. Lastly you could go with Cbeyond for your carrier who seems to be along the same lines as Cricket with cost. Neither of which your going to want to use data on IF it's even available. Good Luck
    I found a company that swears they can flash this phone to cricket with "genuine" cricket software and all features will work..including "data"(inrernet) why would I not want to use it on cricket service ? .. although I am skeptical (very at this point) I emailed them and asked them what the gurantee is etc. flashmyphone. com (haha to that generic address but we shall see I suppose) I am looking for a cricket dealer who does this locally of course as I had mentioned in my last reply, but dag nabbity you're fast and I thank you for looking into that for me I appreciate your help in this all !
    Last edited by Xotzin; 09-01-08 at 11:19 PM. Reason: mising information in reply
    09-01-08 11:10 PM
    jenay thank you for the info, I will look into it. I appreciate your help !
    09-01-08 11:20 PM
    too flash it you need this box that costs like $400 bucks.... my friend used to flash phones, and those boxes are hard to find
    09-01-08 11:25 PM
    jenay thank you for the info, I will look into it. I appreciate your help !
    Anytime. Good luck to ya dear.

09-02-08 12:43 AM
    actually cricket will flash your blackberry to them for 15 to 30 dollars depending on the store i got mine done last night for 20 bucks... however they cant get the internet or multimedia messages to flash so its not a full flash... anyone with info on how to get the internet working message me im trying to work that out still
    01-03-09 12:20 PM
    i can flash your blackberry remotely, you dont need to go to a store. Can flash it to cricket! Or i can get wap and MMs for page plus... you can text me at 7192901573 or go to my website remotesquad.com
    12-24-09 11:30 AM
    I need to flash my BBStorm on Cricketwireless .Can some one help please. Thanks
    12-28-09 02:20 PM
    I wouldn't advise flashing your BB, as everyone I know who has has lost the ability to send or receive MMS...

12-28-09 05:38 PM
    remove the cricket software once loaded? PM me
    12-28-09 07:01 PM
    how do i remove the cricket software from a BB?
    12-28-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD