I am on ATT and and I have had the option to upgrade for the past 6 months. I was okay with my current phone until now and it needs to be replaced.

So, I have decided to go for a BB - my first BB! Ideally, I would want BB 8900 Curve, and been waiting for ATT to release it for long now, can't wait anymore!

I am not that interested in Bold, because it seemed a little bulky to me. My question is if I go for a 8320 Curve or 8310 Curve... am I taking a step back? Which of those two would you more advanced BB users prefer? I don't usually use my phone other than for making calls and some text messages, maybe cam sometimes.

I appreciate your opinions/help. TIA.
    04-03-09 06:20 AM
    Bold is the way to go! The 8900 should be dropping soon if you can hold out a bit longer, go to T-Mo and play with it to make sure you like it. I gaurantee you will be doing more than just making calls and txting with your BB. Also make sure to read the BlackBerry 101 thread and device threads once you choose which berry you will be going with.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction!
    04-03-09 08:44 AM
    I would recommend the Bold also, it has everything a BB user could want, wifi, gps AND 3G, plus all the other stuff BBs are know for. Yea it's a bit bulky and the battery door has issues, BUT it's well worth it. If I was an ATT guy I would get the Bold in a heartbeat!
    04-03-09 08:49 AM
    I would recommend the Bold also, it has everything a BB user could want, wifi, gps AND 3G, plus all the other stuff BBs are know for. Yea it's a bit bulky and the battery door has issues, BUT it's well worth it. If I was an ATT guy I would get the Bold in a heartbeat!
    I'm with you on that. Well said sir!

Cheers!
    04-03-09 08:59 AM
    Thank you for your opinions so far....hmm, maybe I should play with the Bold again at the att store and see if it changes my mind.
    04-03-09 11:15 AM
    Yeah I agree with everyone else the Bold is the best way to go especially if it's your first Blackberry
    04-03-09 11:17 AM
    Got it delivered today...can't wait to go home and get my hands on it!

Just wanted to let you all know that after my dilemma about Bold being bulky and not wanting to buy an unlocked 8900 and not to go for the old-curves (though they are much smaller).....I happened to go to an ATT store and checked out the Bold again....this time, FIRST checking out the Bold instead of looking at any of the curves. I was surprised that it did not feel bulky and my friend who accompanied me before had the same reaction. Well, when I do compare it with the other curves, it does feel bulkier but not by itself...and that's what I needed I guess.

Anyways...am I excited or what?!?! ;-)

P.S: Any links on how to use are welcome...I am checking out the 101.
    04-15-09 03:55 PM
    I have a Bold on AT&T and even though I hate AT&T's service, I love the Bold. When I first got it, I thought it would be bulky as well, but it isn't at all. I'm one of the few who actually LOVED the 8800 series and HATED the Curve, so I really was happy when the Bold was a good cross between both. It's not bulky, it's sturdy. I have young kids. It's fallen and been thrown a lot and is still working perfectly fine. I love the keyboard as well.

I do see that I think you decided to get the Bold and CONGRATS!!! It's a great phone. I'm in love with mine and I'm sad that as soon as my AT&T contract is over I am giving up my Bold. If only Verizon came out with a Bold, I'd be good.
    04-15-09 04:05 PM

Just wanted to let you all know that after my dilemma about Bold being bulky and not wanting to buy an unlocked 8900 and not to go for the old-curves (though they are much smaller).....I happened to go to an ATT store and checked out the Bold again....this time, FIRST checking out the Bold instead of looking at any of the curves. I was surprised that it did not feel bulky and my friend who accompanied me before had the same reaction. Well, when I do compare it with the other curves, it does feel bulkier but not by itself...and that's what I needed I guess.

Dam it....I want a Bold too!! Come on Niagra! Congrats and welcome to a new world!
    04-15-09 04:25 PM
    Enjoy and welcome to CB.
    04-15-09 04:31 PM
    As a first time BB owner I went with the Storm. I have not been disappointed. The screen is big and beautiful (hey, big things need their lovin' too!). I have been without a pc for over a year now and BB phones seem to satisfy my craving for cyber input. You will read about many problems regarding every model phone available, but IMO they come from people who expect their phone to run just like their pc. Its a PDA, in that you get the advantages of a pc, such as internet browsing, email, file sharing, etc., but keep in mind it is still a phone. It'll still be a while until it will perform like your pc. All blackberries are good, but you just have to have an open mind about them and choose which one is right for you. Good luck on your choice and welcome to the community and all that is holy.

Remember, do your research about whichever model you go with and you will find many programs and shortcuts and ideas to make your phone top notch. This site is all you really need, as it is the BB bible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Pendy; 04-15-09 at 04:50 PM.
    04-15-09 04:47 PM
    Enjoy the Bold, helios. Good choice and I do like how you went to the AT&T store and messed around with it, just so you didn't make a mistake by choosing the 8900. Gotta like those who take matters in their own "hands"...
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 04-15-09 at 05:59 PM.
    04-15-09 05:10 PM
    Bold > Curve.

Paying for 3G and not getting it would suck.

You might as well Go over to T-Mobile, pay less cause you're still not getting 3G
    04-15-09 05:18 PM

You should check out the Bold section of the Forum too,....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/
    04-15-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD