I bricked my blackberry torch by trying to install the new facebook via usb, and without a backup.

yes i know im an *****.

It won't let me reinstall the OS through either apploader or bb desktop manager.

Although it did let me backup my apps with bbsak, and my phone numbers appear to still be there when connected to my cars bluetooth.

I am trying to get the phone numbers and e-mail and text backed up, and best case scenario OS reinstalled without having to wipe.

The phone seems to be in limbo where it isn't fully bricked.

I seem to remember a program that would help install OS software outside of apploader, but i cant remember its name.

Anyways any help is appreciated.
    03-19-11 02:02 AM
    crackutil and bbsak are the only ways i know to install an OS outside of apploader. didnt the FB download page specifically state ONLY to install OTA? why would u try to do it USB?

well what exactly is it doing? does it book up and connect to BBSAK or apploader
    03-19-11 02:22 AM
    i said it, im in i d i o t

i rushed through without reading

it boots to a white screen with a red flashing led

i can connect using bbsak, but that will only back up my 3rd party apps, and what is vital is my data

apploader will boot up as well, but fails to install. it will say fatal error.
    03-19-11 02:32 AM
    you didnt have a prior backup made through desktop manager or through Blackberry Protect?
    03-19-11 03:05 AM
    Reload the OS and start over.
    03-19-11 03:07 AM
    I just uploaded the newer torch os6 software and i would have sworn i made an update, but it doesnt show up.

im screwed pretty badly here...
    03-19-11 03:09 AM
    If you have recently did an OS upgrade/downgrade via app loader there will be a backup ipd file in your documents.
    03-19-11 07:17 AM
    There must be a folder you've installed before on your computer.
    Your apps,alx.cod files should be stored there.
    The way is like that..
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780M_v6.0.0.448_P6.5.0.136\Java
    03-19-11 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD