Hi:

My BB completely died due to water damage.

All I have left is a back up on BB desktop manager.

I bought a Android and now I need to transfer my contacts from the back up to the android.

Any ideas?
    07-31-12 07:43 PM
    o man this is a problem. alright lets see.

i would try to retrieve the data file of the contacts from desktop manager using windows explorer. if you can get the raw data that contains your contacts and numbers, you MIGHT be able to place it within a micro sd card and put it in your android phone.

i am afraid i do not have any specific steps to do this since i have not dealt with desktop manager a lot. i could tell you how to do it easily from a blackberry device i will research it out and come back if i find something.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    07-31-12 10:52 PM
    Gmail should sync your contacts when you set up an email.

*Provided you used Gmail on the blackberry.
    08-01-12 04:47 AM
    Well, that's why nowadays i never just store my contacts on a single phone. Been there, done that. Its a nightmare waiting to happen. Wish the OP luck in retrieving his contacts. But its always better to have backups somewhere. If you don't wish to let google or other services get hold of your contacts, you can always back up to local desktop clients. Or, go the old fashion route. Pen and paper.
    08-01-12 06:38 AM
    I can help. I can provide you with instructions to export it via BlackBerry Desktop Manager then you can use my app, Migration+ to do the import on Android (full disclosure, it costs 99 cents). Just shoot me an email via colin@intuvio.com and I'll provide details.
    08-07-12 07:18 PM
    actually just made a blog post to capture all the steps b/c there have been a few people with this issue I've helped... instructions here:

Intuvio BlogHow To Export Blackberry Contacts to CSV Intuvio Blog

hope this helps!
    08-08-12 05:40 PM
    hey,

I also face the same issue, and I can't even open my backup (the format is .bbb) using MagicBerry. It doesn't show anything at all when I tried to opened each section.

Can anybody help me?
    11-19-13 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD