I totally agree with Amazinglygraceless. We should respect the TRUST that is given to us by others and treat it accordingly. Rather than trying to hide your indiscretion, step up to the plate and inform your parents of the situation, I'm sure they'll be a whole lot more lenient than if they're the one who find out you're over on your texting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 07:52 AM
    I did and ny mom didn't even realy care I just have to pay for it.

06-13-08 08:51 AM
    Okay... that is kinda sh*tty for you, but sh*t happens I guess.

1) Why did you text so much if you knew you didn't have unlimited??

2) Just pay your parents and get over it... they are gonna find out when the bill comes anyhow

3) Upgrade to unlimited texting (no-brainer!)

4) There is no way to send txts thru data UNLESS you know the persons number and the carrier email (Ex: [email protected]) then you send it using your email

Note: That is not a valid TMobile email address... search the forum, there is a topic on it somewhere

5) Using the firewall to block txts blocks all incoming txts and they are unable to be received at a later time
    06-13-08 09:15 AM
    I would tell them and say it was a mistake. I use Sprint and my data plan came with unlimited texting.

I agree that it is sometimes better to ask forgiveness than permission. It just depends on the situation. I always ask for forgiveness at work.

06-13-08 09:21 AM
    My 17 year old daughter went crazy one month (before we had an unlimited plan in place) - we got our bill at over $500. I called AT&T and explained - they were actually very cool about it, and split it with me (although I had to upgrade to the unlimited plan to get this concession).

As for my daughter - she was embarrassed, said she didn't know (I don't think she did at all), and was very sorry. I believed her, and it was all good (after the initial shock of seeing the bill )
    06-13-08 09:49 AM
    Well im glad you got this all resolved nicely
    good for you man
    06-13-08 02:15 PM
    Its great to see that you were honest about it and tried to come up with most of the money. Alot of kids to day wouldnt even have cared, much less try to pay for it. If you have kids with a cell phone and you dont have a text block, a unlimited text plan is a wise choice. My niece ran up 1300 or so minutes on my sisters family share plan of 1400 minutes resulting in quite a expensive bill. Long story short she checks her usage weekly.
    06-13-08 03:02 PM
    If you come clean and tell your parents you made a little mistake and you're sorry, I'm sure they'll be more lenient on you than if they just found out. Who knows, they may just bail you out THIS time and tell you to make sure there's no next time.
    I agree!!!!!!!
    06-13-08 03:26 PM
    Thanks again everyone. My Mom for some reason was surprised that I only had the 200 message plan, and she is really thinking about upgrading to the 1500 plan. Works for me! Thank god I told her today, she called att and the bill is already in the mail!

06-13-08 09:51 PM
    I hope all went well. When I was in junior high and high school cell phones were nothing more than somewhat portable versions of the phones used at home to make and receive phone calls. My friends mom had a car phone and it looked like something used in the battlefield. It was this battery pack the size of a briefcase almost and the handset had a spiral wire like homephones had.

However had being a kid back then was like today with using txts as a form of IM client I would have gotten in big trouble for incurring big extra costs.

But anyways for the future perhaps unlimited text plan or one that includes plenty of texts would be the way to go. I'd talk it over with them. And if you are getting a job you can always offer to pay for the addition cost. It might not be much to mention, me being an adult, that I pay $30/month extra for a blackberry pack that gives me unlimited text, data, GPS nav, and several other things. But if you already have some of that stuff from what your parents have currenty then all you need is to add texting. I don't think it would cost more than $5 or $10 to add unlimited.

06-14-08 08:34 AM
    Yeah I'm glad it has all been resolved. Thanks again everyone.

06-14-08 08:41 AM
    See, told ya everything would be fine, dear.
    06-14-08 01:18 PM
    Ok, right now I have went over my sms my $38.25. My parents don't know yet My question: I have unlimited data, can I sent a sms via the data network like an email? And also, if I use the firewall to block sms, does that still show up on my bill? I have att. Thanks and prey for me! This is urgent so feel free to contact me at anytime through my email: [email protected] or through pin:241eacb9 (I just don't have bbm) Thanks!

if i had your problems, id throw mine away! sorry bro
    06-14-08 01:37 PM
    My 17 year old daughter went crazy one month (before we had an unlimited plan in place) - we got our bill at over $500. I called AT&T and explained - they were actually very cool about it, and split it with me (although I had to upgrade to the unlimited plan to get this concession).

As for my daughter - she was embarrassed, said she didn't know (I don't think she did at all), and was very sorry. I believed her, and it was all good (after the initial shock of seeing the bill )
    $500 dollar cell phone bill????????????
    D-A-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-14-08 02:05 PM
    hope your problem was solved. (:
    06-14-08 02:07 PM
    [FONT="Courier New"]Originally Posted by tcpetersesq

As for my daughter - she was embarrassed, said she didn't know (I don't think she did at all), and was very sorry. I believed her, and it was all good (after the initial shock of seeing the bill )FONT]

there needs to be more understanding parents like you in this world
    06-14-08 02:11 PM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD