Ok so here's the situation, I have a BB Curve that I love and my friend has a regular phone from Sprint. She wants a BB really, really bad but when she called Sprint, she is still in contract for over a year so basically her only options is to either 1) buy the phone outright (which Sprint wants over $500 for) or cancel her current contract ($200 cancellation fee) and sign up with another carrier. She cannot buy an unlocked phone bacause her current phone does not have a sim card (no idea how that works).

Does anyone know how she can get around it all and get a BB through Sprint or another carrier witout paying a fortune.

Please help. Thanks.
    11-06-08 01:06 PM
    Craigslist or Ebay, also checlk the Market Place Sub-Forum plenty of ppl selling Sprint Curves.....just make sure its not stolen and it Has to be sprint branded......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 01:09 PM
    Yeah My carrier doesn't have SIM cards either I got a Pearl used off eBay It works great Just watch their feedback so you get a good seller.
    11-06-08 01:13 PM
    Morales pretty much hit it. Only thing I'd add is to also ask the seller if it has an IT policy on it, pain to remove.
    11-06-08 01:13 PM
    Good info here. I was wondering about this same thing for my wife.

11-06-08 01:19 PM
    Thanks everyone but another question. If she doesnt have a sim card and buys a phone off craigslist or ebay. How can she use it with Sprint? Does she just call them and they hook it up?
    11-06-08 01:31 PM
    No Sprint is a CDMA carrier, SIM cards only work with GSM networks (T-Mobile and AT&T).
    11-06-08 01:34 PM
    Good info here. I was wondering about this same thing for my wife.

Not sure how much of a hurry they are in but my guess is the street prices on Curves and Pearls will come down once the BOLD and STORM hit the market...maybe a couple weeks out or so? Expect to pay 2-300 today.
    11-06-08 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD