My Blackberry suddenly stopped ringing yesterday. When I am receiving incoming calls or text messages, no sound comes from my phone at all and my alarm still works, but it doesn't ring while it's going off. My phone will not vibrate either.

I've checked the profiles and tried testing it on all profiles.
    I've done a battery pull. I've done a reset using alt, shift and del.
    ...nothing. It's as if my phone is stuck on silent! When I do make a phone call, I can hear just fine, and speakerphone still works fine as well, so I know it's not the speaker. I receive important phone calls from work on my phone, yet I keep missing them because I have no way of knowing when I am receiving a call, and I've overslept twice because my alarm doesn't make any noise! It's very frustrating! Can anyone help me out?
    01-21-11 10:27 PM
    How long did you leave your battery out when you did a battery pull? Twenty seconds should be sufficient. Do you have any 3rd party apps that may be causing a conflict? If you can't resolve the issue you may have to call tech support.
    01-21-11 10:47 PM
    In the meantime, till you get the issue worked out, getting an alarm clock would be a good idea
    01-22-11 12:58 PM
    My BB 10 is doing the exact same thing. Tried everything. Battery pulls make no difference either. Plus my Voice Recogniton is extremely unstable. It doesn't recognize my contacts at all and Full Voice Recognition just doesnt work at all using the phone. There's a lot I really like about this phone but as I've exchanged one phone, believing it to faulty,and finding the exact same problems with this one - all within two weeks - I can only suppose the software needs some major upgrades. I'm counting about 12 hrs of tech help so far, without the 'all night-er' it took to get my email working. And now I've been on old for tech help for a one whole hour. I had so much hope....
    02-21-13 09:51 PM
    check holster settings.
    02-21-13 10:24 PM
    I just had the same thing happen to me today. I turned my phone off (press and hold power button) , then restarted it and everything came back on.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 10:35 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me randomly (No ringer, notifications or vibrations), and could not figure out what was causing it at all for a few days. Anyway, after troubleshooting extensively, I narrowed it down to possibly two things that could be causing it. What was frustrating was that it didn't happen all the time.

While the Z10 is paired to my Bluetooth ear piece (Plantronics), it will occasionally not ring, vibrate or provide you with sound notifications via the normal phone speakers. All sounds will go through the ear piece only. This is really weird since it happened sometimes only (other times, phone would ring properly), and when it does happen, the only way to fix it is to reboot my Z10, as simply turning off BT didnt fix it.

Another possibility is that I use the Silent Foto app from S4BB to take silent camera shots without the shutter sound. I'm not sure how this apps achieves this, it could be either by muting everything, thus disabling the shutter sound during a shot, or it could be unrelated to this issue at all.

Anyway, I un-paired my BT headset permanently, and un-installed Silent Foto. The issue hasn't come back since (2 full days) so far. I'll try re-installing just Silent Foto again, and hopefully that wasn't the cause, as that app is useful.
    02-22-13 01:05 AM
    I have been using Passport for 2 weeks and i Installed Call Recorder. When Installed it i realized the incoming calls are silent, then silences even if you are in the normal mode.

For those of you, using Passport with Call Recorder, Just Uninstall Call Recorder.

hope this works
    08-23-16 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD