I have a blackberry bold 9650. I want to move my pictures from my phone to my mac book, eventually getting them to iphoto. I was able to us "mass storage" mode to move the pictures from my phone to my desktop but they will not open on my computer, it gives an error message stating "there is no application set to open the document �IMG00088-20110317-1733.jpg.rem�. I have tried to change this to a jpg file but receive a similar message. Does anyone know of a way to overcome this issue?
    06-05-12 08:05 PM
    Did you copy them over in a bulk group? If so, have you tested the photos one at a time to see if the problem remains? Not sure why it would be renaiming your photos with the additional .rem extension. You might also want to check out the Mac section of CrackBerry to see if anyone else mentions the same problem.
    06-07-12 04:06 PM
    I'd try to install latest version of Desktop Manager (BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com). I'm not mac, but latest Windows version offers a drag and drop interface for copying files, and it works perfectly. Worse a try; let us know !
    06-07-12 04:53 PM
    Is there a reason that the file extension is listed as ".jpg.rem"? I would try copying a photo over but removing the .rem extension to see if that works. It almost seems like the computer is trying to read the picture file as something that it is not.
    06-07-12 07:44 PM
    Email them to your desktop.
    06-07-12 09:02 PM
    Disable content protection. Then copy them to your computer. The .rem means they are encrypted. You should be able to open your media card after you plug it into your computer as a removable disk drive. Then drag them all and drop them into a folder without using the DM. This is how it works on a PC, I'm not sure about a Mac.
    Last edited by albee 1; 06-07-12 at 09:14 PM.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    06-07-12 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD