So I just got my Bold and love it, but the BB email system is really different from the WinMo world I have been accustomed to for the last 5 years. I have a couple of questions I am hoping folks can help me out with.

-How do I stop the BIS system from sending a confirmation email that a sent email went through? They don't show on the device, but it does show in my mailbox on the computer.

-When I delete messages off the sever via the computer, they remain on the BB device. Why do the messages not disappear when deleted from the IMAP server? How can I make this happen?

Thanks!
    02-11-09 02:26 PM
    For your first question, go to your messages folder, hit menu>options>email settings and you'll see the setting to cure that problem.

2nd question - On your BIS select the option to Sync between the server and BB
    02-11-09 02:29 PM
    For your first question, go to your messages folder, hit menu>options>email settings and you'll see the setting to cure that problem.

2nd question - On your BIS select the option to Sync between the server and BB
    Thanks!

The first one I made the change and all is well.

The second one... that box is checked. I logged into the IMAP via the web interface and the inbox is empty. I check it via Entourage on my computer and its empty but the Bold still shows a message. I re-sent the service books and its still that way. Any ideas?
    02-11-09 02:59 PM
    The second one... that box is checked. I logged into the IMAP via the web interface and the inbox is empty. I check it via Entourage on my computer and its empty but the Bold still shows a message. I re-sent the service books and its still that way. Any ideas?
    I'm honestly stumped at that one. Perhaps someone who uses IMAP type e-mail will be able to help you better with this. I do however have the same box checked for my Yahoo mail and when I delete messages on the phone they're still present on my server. Weird.
    02-11-09 03:05 PM
    Well, I figured out it was a IMAP quirk with the way the server catalogs messages that are still in the deleted items folder. Got that squared away.

Now, I got 2 new emails via the IMAP on my computer. I read them. Those messages never showed up on the Blackberry in any way. Is this normal?
    02-11-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD