I've had my 8330 for a year but I feel like I'm not quite getting the full BB experience sometimes. I read that you can set up all your notifications for Facebook, Twitter, etc. to get pushed to your device, but how do you do all this? Does doing this interfere with syncing them with their native programs? (e.g. having Gmail pushed to my BB did not sync it with my Gmail account, so I use the Gmail app instead)

Are there other uniquely BB things I should be doing with my phone? I basically just use it as a phone, with all the cool extras like email, internet, maps, etc. but what is BB-specific that I should be doing?

Thanks!
    06-29-09 01:55 PM
    Do you use Blackberry Messenger with other Blackberry users?

have to tried using software like BOLT to get a better internet experience?

What OTHER items do you carry on your person? do you use an MP3 player? can your BB replace that?
    Photo album?

Really PUSH e-mail and BBM are 2 great things the Blackberry has to offer, if you are using a gmail app rather then IMAP and BIS for your gmail you are missing out on the greatness of Blackberry e-mail, simple and works!
    06-29-09 02:18 PM
    Do you use Blackberry Messenger with other Blackberry users?

have to tried using software like BOLT to get a better internet experience?

What OTHER items do you carry on your person? do you use an MP3 player? can your BB replace that?
    Photo album?

Really PUSH e-mail and BBM are 2 great things the Blackberry has to offer, if you are using a gmail app rather then IMAP and BIS for your gmail you are missing out on the greatness of Blackberry e-mail, simple and works!
    No, I don't know anyone else that owns a BB! Not sure what BOLT is......

I carry an iPod. I tried using my BB as my music player for a while, and it's alright but the software isn't nearly as easy to use as the iPod, plus I can only do 8GB of storage. And the real deal breaker for me was that when I was underground without a signal, the songs would skip every minute or two as the BB tried to find a signal.

I tried Gmail/BIS, but I wasn't happy with the full support of syncing.
    06-29-09 02:23 PM
    Read the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series for a wealth of information and almost everything you need to know regarding a berry. Also keep tabs through any of the Tips and Tricks threads in the 8330 forums and your best friend is always "SEARCH"

Have Fun!
    06-29-09 02:51 PM
    Hey Dude,

you need to downloaded the latest versions facebook, 1.6, and twitter berry 0.9.0.7. Also viigo is another great app to play with, as it keeps you up to date with news, sports, and tech stuff.

Enjoy!
    I just got into Viigo a couple weeks ago, very nice app (although it doesn't seem to be updating lately, even when I do it manually!).

As for Facebook...much nicer now, but I don't like how I suddenly can't see my status update to clear it. Once you enter a status, it seems to disappear from the Status screen and you have to go to the website itself to clear it.
    06-29-09 02:52 PM
    The easiest thing to do so that you use your BB to the fullest is.......................... be a member or CB. Where else do you find all the new apps, themes, tips, trick, tech support, etc...
    Last edited by JoeyMoose; 06-29-09 at 02:57 PM.
    06-29-09 02:54 PM
    Cheers!!!!!
    06-29-09 02:56 PM
    I'm with Joey. We can't tell you how to use your BB man. We can tell you what we're doing and then you can choose to try it, or not try it.

Everyone on this site uses their BB differently. I'd be willing to bet there is no BB on this site that has exactly the same settings and apps on it.

Some people RAVE about Viigo, I think it's a waste of space. I like Nobex, my dad, would have zero use for it. Ya gotta read and find out what you like for yourself.
    06-29-09 03:00 PM
    I'm with Joey. We can't tell you how to use your BB man. We can tell you what we're doing and then you can choose to try it, or not try it.
    Yeah that's the idea. Just wondering if there are any particular BB-like things that most people do simply because BBs do it well. The big answer seems to be using the BIS for push notification, although ironically I'm not as into that as other things.
    06-29-09 03:02 PM
    Email is huge, I use the GPS alot, Facebook, and with my 8g card i watch alot of videos and got rid of my ipod. The list goes on......
    06-29-09 03:25 PM
    I listen to audio books on mine. Probably read (listen to) 3 novels a week. Much more enlightening than the radio. Also, start using your internet browser more. Instead of seeing something when your out and about, and trying to remember to look up more info about it when you get home...launch your browser and search for it on Google. Go to dictionary.com and look stuff up instead of wondering what all these big words are that people keep saying. Take pictures with your phone while your out on the street and email/mms them to friends/relatives/kids/grand kids.
    06-29-09 05:47 PM
    man its easy for me to take full advantage of this great device. I mean surfing on it is always great. And since surfing is such a big deal to I of course had to get a second browser (opera). I mean and its just everything that you can do seemlessly. I can have 2 pages opened up, one to view my bank account one to look at crackberry forums. I can have my music playing in the background. Do a little twittering on the side. Text my fiance about where to go out to dinner, e-mail my financial aid advisor about what I had to her. I mean the list goes on. I've been on my Curve for literally over an hour just browsing the internet alone. I love my bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 09:45 PM
    Don't know what else to add except aa streaming music program such as Pandoran, Slacker (can cache songs on media card) or the radio app Iheart for radio stations across the country. I also use BBMaps for GPS when not using my portable for the car. It's also good at simply finding places.

Btw...if you are running at least the .77OS...I believe that you can get an 8gig card...some of the OS's allow up to 16. I've stopped carrying my Ipod.
    Last edited by classc1; 06-29-09 at 11:07 PM.
    06-29-09 11:01 PM
    Go to dictionary.com and look stuff up instead of wondering what all these big words are that people keep saying.
    I wish it worked for me. When I search for a word I get an error message.
    06-30-09 08:15 AM
    Hey Dude,

you need to downloaded the latest versions facebook, 1.6, and twitter berry 0.9.0.7.
    Also viigo is another great app to play with, as it keeps you up to date with news, sports, and tech stuff.

Enjoy!
    07-01-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD