Let me start with this. I am a long time Blackberry user. Going way back to before the "large blueberry" that I had 5 years ago. I then went to a company that supplied me with a Moto Q. I really liked the Q. I liked the Windows options (even though I am a Mac User), and of course I loved the form factor. I had that phone for 2 years and loved it. Decided that since I am a Mac User, I had to drink Steve Jobs' Kool Aid and got the IPhone the day after it came out. I really do love this phone. The ease of use, the features, the UI, the form factor, etc...But it has limitations that I just cannot get passed. No cut and paste, no MMS, charging for ringtones, doesnt sync well with anything (including my Macbook), no bluetooth for anything other than earpiece, etc...
    So of course now I am sitting here at my desk in a new company, and low and behold, they use Exchange Server. FORGET IT. So now I am blessed with the fact that as any Crackberry user knows, once you get your emails outside of work, not getting them is a MAJOR PROBLEM. So what is a guy to do?
    Since I have left the BB world, tons of things have changed. THey now have cameras (i love that). THey now have a great form factor (even more important). But I still cannot figure out why they have yet to have a phone that has the big 3 (GPS, WIFI, Camera). Quite a few have 2 out of 3, but none as of yet have all 3 that I have seen.
    GPS is not a necessity to me, since I have that in my car now, so that leaves me with the Pearl or Curve. However I am on AT&T (and am staying there), and they do not have either one of the new versions out yet. Curve coming 10/4 as BGR has stated. I know we do not have a release date for Pearl 2, but I am guessing shortly after that.
    So the whole point of this RANT, is well, I guess I dont have a point. I think the lesson is, once you go Crack (berry that is), you never go back.
    Thanks for listening to my rant. Oh, and if anyone needs an IPhone, I have one obviously.
    09-25-07 10:01 AM
    Step away from the iPhone.....you see the evil it causes, look at the words you have just written the device has you all flustered and frustrated, Oh my.
    09-25-07 10:55 AM
    You are not kidding. I just cannot seem to find the BB that fits my needs, and someone to buy the IPhone.
    09-25-07 11:16 AM
    Just got rid of my iphone and picked up an 8320 yesterday. While the iphone was an ok item, the email and mms functionality of it were frustrating.We were at an event this weekend and I could not email any of the pics I took to other family members phones. Could have been operator error? I grabbed my wifes pearl, took some pics and sent them with no issues. Even though it has only been 24hrs, the timely receipt of email makes me wonder why I even picked up the iphone. I also notice that the speaker volume on the curve is much clearer and louder than the iphone.
    09-25-07 02:58 PM
    I use my BB during work hours, and my iPhone on the weekends. Swap SIMs and you're set. Email on the iPhone sucks -- even the yahoo "push."
    09-25-07 03:28 PM
    I was checking out one of my friends' iPhone this past weekend and he mentioned that it checks for email every 15 minutes. I don't really understand how something so new and so nice and so expensive would be released with that flaw. The internet on the thing is great; I love that it is not watered down like on my Curve, but that is probably the only advantage of the iPhone over a BB. The touchscreen typing is just frustrating.
    09-25-07 03:38 PM
    Actually the typing is quite good and the even with typos I have found that it works better than the old BB I had with Suretype. As far as the email goes, my first BB was set to only check email every 10 minutes, and my Q was the same way. You can check it manually faster if need be. The email app in general is what is flawed. But overall, the IPhone is a great device. It actually does give you internet, camera, phone, PDA, MP3 Player all in one. But it just does not do the email with exchange server so back on the "crack" I come.
    09-26-07 06:48 AM
    Does anyone know what the differences are going to be with the new Pearl and the one that is currently on AT&T?
    09-27-07 06:39 AM
    I had to drink Steve Jobs' Kool Aid and got the IPhone the day after it came out.
    The iPhone is one of the biggest frauds pulled over on the American consumer in history.

First of all, the iPhone is simply a repackaging of yesterday's technology into a new eye candy device with a ridiculously high price.

Love Jobs or loathe him, he is a marketing genius. Imagine the talent he has to pull what he's pulled off. He took some old cat **** and put it in a cone and told people that it is chocolate ice cream and has people falling for it.

Abraham Lincoln once said: You can fool all of the people some of the time; and, you can fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Jobs has the "you-can-fool-some-of-the-people-all-of-the-time" group all wrapped up.

The iPhone is a POS. Fortunately many of us know it.
    10-22-07 07:10 PM
    Oh, and if anyone needs an IPhone, I have one obviously.
    Want to swap for a unlocked 8800 as long as nothing's wrong with the iPhone and it hasn't been unlocked? My wife would be happy with it since she walks a lot and the BB is just too much for her.
    10-22-07 07:50 PM
    Already gone and have a curve.
    10-23-07 02:23 PM
    Shame on you :P That Iphone is such a joke -- With consideration that Apple is now in the cell phone market place, it is going to take them years to catch up. I have heard that they operate great as a PDA, but as a phone, they are horrible. Who has time to wait? Stick with the BB.
    10-24-07 06:37 AM
    I thought the phone worked quite well. It was the PDA and email that did not work well at all.
    10-24-07 07:10 AM
    Here in Alabama,well the part that I live in, there are places where you can sell phone back phones. I was in there today buying an ac adapter for my computer, and I saw this guy trying to sell back a slim looking phone. He told the guy to make him a offer and the salesperson said$10. That when I noticed that it was an iphone, he talked the guy into giving him $70 for the iphone. When I asked him why was he selling his iphone he said he wanted and had just bought the Blackberry 8800. I started laughing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-07 10:41 PM
    Here in Alabama,well the part that I live in, there are places where you can sell phone back phones. I was in there today buying an ac adapter for my computer, and I saw this guy trying to sell back a slim looking phone. He told the guy to make him a offer and the salesperson said$10. That when I noticed that it was an iphone, he talked the guy into giving him $70 for the iphone. When I asked him why was he selling his iphone he said he wanted and had just bought the Blackberry 8800. I started laughing.

great story.

my friend owns one..and he grilled me for getting my BB curve. Told him to screw it..showed him the apps i got,the quality of video i can put on, and the camera..and he shut up quickly. who needs to have their screens with nasty finger prints. i sure dont.
    10-27-07 11:22 PM
    Why on earth would someone sell an iphone for $70. They can be sold on craigslist, amazon or many other places still for over $200.
    10-29-07 07:49 AM
    Why on earth would someone sell an iphone for $70. They can be sold on craigslist, amazon or many other places still for over $200.
    That what I was asking him in front of the sellsperson. then I asked him why didnt he try to sell it on the street he could have atleast got $250. I couldnt see myself settling for $70 and I paid that much money for it. Then my mom brought something to my attention that the guy might not have really been a computer person.
    10-30-07 11:12 PM
    Not a computer person maybe, but either the phone was stolen or the story just doesnt add up.
    10-31-07 06:58 AM
    Maybe he just didn't want it anymore, that adds up. Buy an iphone for 600 then sell it 2 months later for 200, now that doesn't add up. Everyone here has bb's that why its called crackberry... Maybe the iphone has a site, then again maybe not...
    11-01-07 11:43 AM
    I'm in Canada, I was looking forward to the iphone but got tired of waiting for it to be released here. So I got the pearl. And I wouldn't dram of getting an iphone now.

02-25-08 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD