Is there any way to disable my texting? Someone for whatever reason has sent me over 500 text messages in the last 3 minutes! They're all from different numbers so i'm guessing it's a program.
    I'm on AT&T btw with a 8310 curve
    10-06-08 06:07 PM
    go to manage connections and turn all off. nothing else will work either though
    10-06-08 06:10 PM
    Where is manage connections located?
    10-06-08 06:11 PM
    "Manage connections" is on your main screen.
    10-06-08 06:12 PM
    it might say "turn wireless off "
    10-06-08 06:15 PM
    Also you could try options > security options > firewall.
    Enable the firewall and the put a check in the SMS box.
    This will block all incoming text messages but nothing else.

I would also give AT&T Customer Support a call and see if they
    can assist you in resolving this issue.
    10-06-08 06:25 PM
    try this... Options > security options > Firewall > and select block incoming messages for whatever you choose
    10-06-08 06:27 PM
    Just a stray thought...

I suspect that blocking texts from reaching your Berry won't stop you from being charged by your carrier if you go over your allowance of received texts. Anyone know about this one way or the other?
    10-07-08 11:42 AM
    Thats what you get when you sign up to have dirty pictures MMS'd to you
    10-07-08 11:45 AM
    I'm assuming that you don't get unlimited texts with the blackberry through ATT?

Either way I'm sure it's annoying to be getting so many texts in so little time.

I'd try the firewall thing. And definitely call ATT
    10-07-08 12:10 PM
    How weird. I am going thru the same **** right now as I type this lol. I have a few things in mind that I'm gonna try and ill get back to u guys in a bit when I get out of my meeting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 07:41 PM
    I was getting some advertising on mine awhile ago, it was just a stray one here or there. Sprint told me that if it continued I could call them and they had a name for it...can't remember what but they said they could disable it.

Sorry, not much help but it's a thought. Try calling your company but yours sounds like it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy overboard!
    10-13-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD