I got my blackberry pearl a little over a week ago and I have 2 ringtones and 6 pictures and I have a 2 GB media card. I backed up my pearl a few days after I got it before I did anything extra. I tried get a theme working and had to download something else to my computer but it didnt work so I deleted it. The hour glass keeps showing up on my screen every few seconds just for a little bit. Its there, it turns and it goes away for about 5 seconds or so. Even when I'm not pressing anything and the blacklight is just lit it is doing this. I thought I may have screwed something up so I went to my backup file and restored my pearl through the desktop manager, and it is still doing this? It can't be low on memory!! HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!
    09-01-08 04:58 PM
    I got my blackberry pearl a little over a week ago and I have 2 ringtones and 6 pictures and I have a 2 GB media card. I backed up my pearl a few days after I got it before I did anything extra. I tried get a theme working and had to download something else to my computer but it didnt work so I deleted it. The hour glass keeps showing up on my screen every few seconds just for a little bit. Its there, it turns and it goes away for about 5 seconds or so. Even when I'm not pressing anything and the blacklight is just lit it is doing this. I thought I may have screwed something up so I went to my backup file and restored my pearl through the desktop manager, and it is still doing this? It can't be low on memory!! HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!
    Welcome to CB! have you checked how much free memory you have??
    09-01-08 05:00 PM
    I agree that it's lagging because of low memory what is your file free under options/status ?
    09-01-08 05:01 PM
    I'm new to this, this is my first Blackberry, and I am very tech savvy, but this is frustrating me! It says under status, file free is 16246018 Bytes
    09-01-08 05:03 PM
    oh and was the hourglass showing up with your phone on or is it in a reboot cycle with the hourglass on the screen and the red led flashing ?
    09-01-08 05:03 PM
    I'm new to this, this is my first Blackberry, and I am very tech savvy, but this is frustrating me! It says under status, file free is 16246018 Bytes
    that's an ok amount of free memory. hit the alt and back key at the same time to see what programs you have running they should be browser, homescreen, messages, bb messenger, and call log
    09-01-08 05:04 PM
    Nope it is just doing the hour glass, I'm not doing anything I tried restarting the phone, no red light just the hour glass.
    09-01-08 05:05 PM
    Hmm well you have 15.4 mb free ... have you gone through the memory optimization steps in the 101 lecture series located in the newbies section? also if you haven't deleted the promo video that the first thing you should do as that alone occupy's alot of mem
    09-01-08 05:06 PM
    Nope it is just doing the hour glass, I'm not doing anything I tried restarting the phone, no red light just the hour glass.
    so you're saying white screen with the hourglass ?
    09-01-08 05:09 PM
    I've deleted that and a few others that I don't use trying to free up memory. I've deleted old txts call logs, caches, cookies, turned on the automatic memory cleaner or whatever and all that. And when I push the ALT and Back button it does nothing.
    09-01-08 05:10 PM
    so you're saying white screen with the hourglass ?
    Nope any screen that I am on, it shows it normally but it just lags a little and displays the hour glass. It is also showing the arrow coming in for receiving info every now and then too. It's not always the exact same time as the hour glass but nothing is going on, no txts or emails its just sitting.
    09-01-08 05:13 PM
    Welcome to CB! have you checked how much free memory you have??

Thanks for the welcome by the way! I should have said that first off I'm just so frustrated because this hour glass is bothering me. I'm not familiar with the BlackBerry system yet so its bothering me that I can't figure it out!!!!
    09-01-08 05:20 PM
    do you close your programs out by hitting the menu button then close or are you just hitting the end or back key ?
    09-01-08 05:24 PM
    Thanks for the welcome by the way! I should have said that first off I'm just so frustrated because this hour glass is bothering me. I'm not familiar with the BlackBerry system yet so its bothering me that I can't figure it out!!!!
    No problem! i can certaintly understand your frustration...but dont worry you came to the right place and will def find the solution here if one excists...
    09-01-08 05:26 PM
    do you close your programs out by hitting the menu button then close or are you just hitting the end or back key ?
    I just hit the end key usually. I'm not familiar with the OS at all so thats part of the reason I came. Do you have to go do menu and close like you do on a mac?
    09-01-08 05:27 PM
    No problem! i can certaintly understand your frustration...but dont worry you came to the right place and will def find the solution here if one excists...

Thank you... I hope so!
    09-01-08 05:28 PM
    It still keeps showing the arrow on the status saying its receiving something. I shut down my phone and let it sit and powered it back on and it went to a white screen with the hour glass like you were talking about and loaded back up and when to my home screen and its still doing the hour glass.
    09-01-08 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD