I have att curve 8310 and sprint pearl 8130 both awesome can't go wrong w bb pearl has 4.3 os curve att 4.2 sprint 4.3 can't wait for bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 01:15 AM
    suretype is WONDERFUL(especially if you text alot) once your BB starts to recognize the words you use often then its just like a QWERTY but faster.(it even learns slang!)
    the pearls keys are small but the curve keys are even smaller and yes i have played with a curve several times.
    the web browser on the pearl is good if you have opera mini which makes it look way better.
    my music do just fine on the pearl it sounds like mp3 player quality and i have watched the full Simpson movie on my pearl and half of another gay movie.
    but if you coming from a regular cell phone then you will love the pearl.
    good luck!
    im going to sleep i have school in the morn..
    05-16-08 01:21 AM
    If you're on Verizon (as your profile says you are) you're allowed to test a phone for 30 days and trade it in before the end of that period for a new phone if you don't like the original. It sounds like you're unsure of the Curve but DO like the Pearl. In that case, I'd recommend getting the Curve and trying it for a few weeks. If you don't love it, return it, and chances are you will like the Pearl. Plus you'll probably be getting some money back, as the Pearl is a bit cheaper I believe.

If you do choose the one you're least sure of first, you'll hopefully avoid getting stuck with one you may not be crazy for.
    05-16-08 01:31 AM
    I do like the Curve, but the keys were the deal breaker, there were just too small, and I have tiny fingers.

I am so fast on the Suretype now, though, I can't imagine not having it. Browsing in Opera is a breeze as well...
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-16-08 at 01:44 AM.
    05-16-08 01:36 AM
    Welcome to the family...

I have both and enjoy typing on the Pearl more. The key is getting your words into the dictionary and getting used to what words you have to select in the word list and what words you have to just hit space and continue as it will be the word selected.

If you aren't going to watch too much media on your device, I would say give the Pearl a shot.

I use my Pearl as my business phone for Email/SMS.

I use my Curve as my personal phone for Media/Web Surfing.

The best decision was going into the store and testing it out... The other decision I would suggest is to take home the Pearl and play with it for half the trial period and then swapping it out if you can't get used to the typing.
    i have pearl right now, and i think im going to switch to curve tomorrow. i think it been 3 weeks, and i think sprint's trial period is 30 days.

i find pearl's keypad to be little too small for me.

is curve keypads bigger?

in your opinion which one is easier to text and email? because i text and email every minute it seems like.
    05-16-08 01:36 AM
    It depends, yes the keypad is wider on the Curve but the keys are half the size, and I couldn't use them.
    05-16-08 01:45 AM
    i have pearl right now, and i think im going to switch to curve tomorrow. i think it been 3 weeks, and i think sprint's trial period is 30 days.

i find pearl's keypad to be little too small for me.

is curve keypads bigger?

in your opinion which one is easier to text and email? because i text and email every minute it seems like.
    curve keypad is bigger
    but the keys are way smaller than that of the pearl.
    the curve keys are like lil seeds..
    i have medium sized hands and found my self making all kinds of mistakes on a curve.
    but i guess its something you have to adjust to as well like the pearl
    05-16-08 08:29 AM
    I guess in the end it's still a personal preference. I need to play with them both again and make a decision right there before I overthink things lol!! I AM leaning more towards the pearl... Verizon was going to let me get the pearl with the new 2 year contract before even being one year into my current one... I don't know if they cut me that kind of deal if I'd be eligible for the 30 day trial period... so I may have to WAIT (ugh) until my contract has been in effect at least one year, when I'll be eligible for the 2 year price on phones (but not new every 2... I've gotta save money somewhere!) -- that'll be in July. Does anyone know when Verizon will put a curve up on their stands? They just have it behind the counter right now.
    05-16-08 10:35 AM
    yup.
    basically personal preference is what it boils down to!
    i got my new Pearl 8110
    it rocks me to the core its so awesome!!
    05-16-08 09:07 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD