Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tour

28 82.35%
  • Storm

4 11.76%
  • have her stay with her envy2

2 5.88%
    So after getting my BB my girl wants one and i want to surprise her with one...I have a storm and she likes it but thinks its too complicated and unsure if she could adjust to it(though i know she will). She likes the Tour for the 5 minutes she played with it but itd be here 1st trackball phone and again wasnt sure if she could get use to it. Im also doin this so i can get a 2nd BB(tour!) for my self since verizons BOGO deal so waiting for s2= not an option..
    1st : Never owning a tour does it have a smaller learning curve then the storm

How shed use the phone
    -Lots of pictures..and sending em SMS/Email
    -Texts a fair amount/but limited emails
    -and light to moderate browsing
    -and light apps probably I heart radio and icons for mobile banking etc

So aside from the "i wont get used to it" BS line.. Using those above factors what seems to be the best BB for my girl tour or storm1
    09-15-09 01:50 AM
    I'd say get her the tour. I got my girl a Storm because she liked mine, but after having it for 2 weeks she said it was too big and bulky to carry around. I sold it and bought her the 8900. She loves it.
    09-15-09 02:04 AM
    I vote the Storm, as women, in my experience, enjoy the touchscreen more. The larger screen is a plus also. Just remember, with women, bigger is better.
    09-15-09 02:43 AM
    None of the above.... Get her a Curve. Smaller, easier, and reliable. Now if you were on AT&T, I would have said 8900. My wife didn't like the keys on the Tour and the Storm will frustrate your gf.
    09-15-09 02:46 AM
    None of the above... If you're set on her getting a candybar sytle BB then wait for either the Storm 2(storm 1 is and always will be junk unless you know exactly how to use it) or the Curve 8530. Personally I bought my gf a Pearl Flip. Sure the keyboard takes some getting used to... and that was one of the big things my gf had an issue with... but she was also used to using multi-tap 1-9 keys on her dumbphone. She's had the pearl flip since late july and LOVES it. Just my .02
    09-15-09 03:32 AM
    Tour or 8330 Curve. The trackball is a non-issue, it is easier to get used to than you'd think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 03:47 AM
    you are a fool. Have her buy her own damn phone and pay for the service herself. Otherwise, let me know when you will be on Judge Judy.
    09-15-09 03:47 AM
    None of the above... If you're set on her getting a candybar sytle BB then wait for either the Storm 2(storm 1 is and always will be junk unless you know exactly how to use it) or the Curve 8530. Personally I bought my gf a Pearl Flip. Sure the keyboard takes some getting used to... and that was one of the big things my gf had an issue with... but she was also used to using multi-tap 1-9 keys on her dumbphone. She's had the pearl flip since late july and LOVES it. Just my .02
    I concur... I bought my girl an 8130 Pearl (non-flip) and while it took her a little bit to get used to the SureType, she really loves it now, and she can FLY on it. Plus, gals seem to perfer that style of phone, slimmer, "cuter" I guess you could say, they don't want to be seen with a brick stuck to the side of their head, they want to look all cute and ****, so I say go with the Pearl... it's cheaper too!
    09-15-09 09:12 AM
    Ha ha!! I love all the men in here giving an opinion on what women like !!

I have an 8900 & I love it!! If that's not an option then get her a Tour. I like the 8900 keyboard better but I could definitely get used to the Tour keyboard.

Your gf will get used it w/in a week. Be sure to let her know what an awesome bf she has for gettin her a BB .

09-15-09 09:35 AM
    I agree with the pearl coment above, but personally if shes not a BB person yet, i have found personally that more people have founsd the storm easier to use for a starter, i gave a tour to my dad and he was clueless, gave him storm and hes set...mind you about 3 years ago i had to explain to this guy how to turn on a computer, sure type is very wierd for folks used to an env style phone....just my "imo"
    09-15-09 09:37 AM
    I would get/wait for the Storm 2, the Storm 1 is too outdated
    09-15-09 09:37 AM
    None of the above.... Get her a Curve. Smaller, easier, and reliable. Now if you were on AT&T, I would have said 8900. My wife didn't like the keys on the Tour and the Storm will frustrate your gf.
    though she loves the pink curve and i suggested it to her the other day she said no based on camera and the fact that the tour is the new version so why get the old

you are a fool. Have her buy her own damn phone and pay for the service herself. Otherwise, let me know when you will be on Judge Judy.
    your an ***** we're engaged been together 5 years and have a son together, why would i not buy her something she wants clown. And if your tha worried about a girl burning you on a 150 dollar phone something is wrong

Ha ha!! I love all the men in here giving an opinion on what women like !!

I have an 8900 & I love it!! If that's not an option then get her a Tour. I like the 8900 keyboard better but I could definitely get used to the Tour keyboard.

Your gf will get used it w/in a week. Be sure to let her know what an awesome bf she has for gettin her a BB .

thats what im leaning toward thanks for the female opinion

I would get/wait for the Storm 2, the Storm 1 is too outdated
    as stated not an option i want to take advantage of BOGO verizon currently has
    09-15-09 09:54 AM

09-15-09 10:06 AM
    I'd say go with the tour. The full keyboard is great. The trackball will take 2 seconds to get used to it.

09-15-09 10:14 AM
    Agreed the 8900 is a great all round phone, I love mine. And coming from years on an 8700 trackwheel, the trackball is super.

I don't know for sure on this, but doesn't the tour, depending on carrier, better support Twitter and Facebook, if she would want to use them. And, being 3G, I believe, have a little better media capability.

Ken
    09-15-09 10:17 AM
    I would recommend the 8520 or the 8900 - surely, you absolutely MUST dig out and put a pink theme so the first time she powers it there is a WOW trust me, works like magic

And remember, little things and details work for girls, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

09-15-09 10:22 AM
    thats what im leaning toward thanks for the female opinion
    You're welcome!

...you absolutely MUST dig out and put a pink theme so the first time she powers it there is a WOW trust me, works like magic

And remember, little things and details work for girls, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

defcon3 is actually right .

Get her the Tour but before you give it to her, pimp it out a little. You mentioned that she liked the pink curve so get her a theme that has some pink in it. I use this theme in black for my 8900, I absolutely love it & it's free!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/bl...dition-294740/

Just be sure to dl the pink version & she'll love you forever if she already doesn't !!

09-15-09 11:20 AM
    Tour! for sure!
    09-15-09 01:03 PM
    though she loves the pink curve and i suggested it to her the other day she said no based on camera and the fact that the tour is the new version so why get the old
    What about the camera is a problem? I have the Curve and it takes great pics. Alsom the Tour is not the new version of the Curve, the 8900 is the new Curve. You can tell by the difference in the key board. Now I know the 8900 is not an option because you are gong with Verizon right? The Tour looks like a nice phone but you may want to somehow get her hands on the keyboard to be sure she will like it.
    09-15-09 05:21 PM
    Get her the Tour
    09-15-09 05:41 PM
    What about the camera is a problem? I have the Curve and it takes great pics. Alsom the Tour is not the new version of the Curve, the 8900 is the new Curve. You can tell by the difference in the key board. Now I know the 8900 is not an option because you are gong with Verizon right? The Tour looks like a nice phone but you may want to somehow get her hands on the keyboard to be sure she will like it.
    the pics were not good, not clear at all just not a good camera imo. and yeah i know its not the new version but when you have the old curve sitting next to a new tour its hard to not get the newst model

Get her the Tour
    probably whats going to happen
    09-16-09 06:58 PM
    the pics were not good, not clear at all just not a good camera imo. and yeah i know its not the new version but when you have the old curve sitting next to a new tour its hard to not get the newst model
    I can understand wanting the newest model on the mark, I myself want the 8900 but I just can't justify it with a perfectly working 8310 Curve.

As for the pics, perhaps the camera you were testing had a dirty lense. I keep mine in a sleeve and it takes pictures great pics. Now no cell phone camera is going to catch action or low light as good as a digital, but I think the older 2mp Curve camera is pretty good.

Taken on a 2 year old Curve.

Edit...sorry for the size....I didn't realize the Curve took pics that big..lol.
    09-16-09 07:37 PM
    check this out.......Smiles1

I have read all the suggestions here and since I'm a girl, too - this is my take on it...

I would not want anything pink even lying on the desk next to my phone - much less on it. Is this going to be a surprise for your GF? If not - just let her pick it out. After all - who would know what she wants better than her?

Peace....
    09-16-09 07:40 PM
    My wife loved her pearl but I just got a pearl flip my wife loves the bigger buttons and the flip, well for compact it can't be beat

09-16-09 08:24 PM
    Which ever you choose, pick something that has keys. Some women get frustrated with touchscreens.
    09-16-09 09:28 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD