Do I get the Moto Droid 1 or Blackberry Curve? I need a phone for texting, email, internet, and apps (but that's not a huge deal, because I have an iPod touch, but I'd like there to be some good apps as well). I'm going back and forth because people say 6.0 won't be available for the Curve, then the call quality is bad on the Droid. Can you help me make a decision?
    08-31-10 08:26 AM
    Looking to go cheap? Because you would be better off with one of the later Droids (Incredible, X or D2), OR the 9650 (or waiting on the Storm 9570).
    08-31-10 08:33 AM
    Looking to go cheap? Because you would be better off with one of the later Droids (Incredible, X or D2), OR the 9650 (or waiting on the Storm 9570).
    So it would be worth it to spend more on a higher model? My only problem with the newer Droids is that I don't think I could ever leave a physical keyboard and be left with JUST a touchscreen.
    08-31-10 08:36 AM
    Moto Droid 2, it's got a keyboard AND touch screen, it just came out.

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-2-review
    08-31-10 08:40 AM
    Moto Droid 2, it's got a keyboard AND touch screen, it just came out.
    I've been wanting to check it out at Verizon, but every time I go to the store it always has a ton of people waiting to play with it. Since you own a Droid and Blackberry, do you have any pros/cons that would set them apart?
    08-31-10 08:44 AM
    If the store is full then that must tell ya something
    08-31-10 08:57 AM
    The BlackBerry is better for messaging, email, IM, BBM, managing contacts, and does a fair job and web, entertainment and apps (although I REALLY like the media player for music). The Droid, while ok for messaging and email, is better for web, entertainment and apps. So I guess you need to ask yourself what is more important? Messaging, or entertainment/web?
    08-31-10 11:52 AM
    Android....

Root it and throw Wi-Fi Tether on it and you can have wi-fi hotspot where ever you go, comes it handy with an iTouch.

Blackberry doesn't have an application for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD