View Poll Results: What should I do to help lose my ex?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pimp her out in Crimson like the dirty girl she is!

4 23.53%
  • She's an elegant lady, treat her to a Titanium body.

5 29.41%
  • Give her a bit of dignity, just replace screen cover and clean her up.

4 23.53%
  • Just be done with her. She's all used up anyway. No makeover!

4 23.53%
    Hi boys and girls.
    As some of you may know, I've shared my life with my BlackBerry Curve 8310 for the last 12 months or so, and have loved her well.
    However, we've both decided that we should move on to new relationships, so we've begun a trial separation. I've immediately shacked up with a hot new Curve 8900, and we're very happy together, but my 8310 just can't seem to getg over me.

So to help her move on, I've decided to help my ex find someone new. In that spirit, I thought a makeover might be in order. I wasn't her first love, plus life with me can be rough, so she's seen better days. Her face is especially scarred...

So I put it to you, the CrackBerry Nation, what should I do with my ex?

Translation:
    I'm going to be selling my old 8310. What should I do to get top dollar? Functionally she's in good shape, but her exterior has seen better days. Should I do a whole case replacement, or just the screen cover (which is the worst part)?
    Last edited by smnc; 10-05-09 at 02:57 AM.
    10-05-09 02:47 AM
    Haha I have to say I love the story and I love the need for a translation. It is an extremely easy fix (and pretty inexpensive, I have one with the plastic part covering the lcd complete broken and the thing that holds the trackball and I paid probably ten with shipping and handling). I think there were tutorials for changing the 8320 covers and all that. I personally would keep it as a backup phone. If anything happens to your new baby and you have no insurance and you aren't eligible, your sol. If you do have insurance, its a phone you can use while they ship you out one. If you do decide to sell it, look on ebay for the casing or the screen cover. Quick fix and it looks nicer so you could prob get an extra 50 bucks for it or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 01:15 PM
    Dude just sell the stupid phone.
    10-05-09 01:27 PM
    sell the dumb phone
    10-05-09 06:28 PM
    A clean break is a good break. Let her go, bro.

10-05-09 06:35 PM
    Get a new housing for it. Then you'll most likely sell it very fast.
    10-05-09 06:45 PM
    Hi boys and girls.
    As some of you may know, I've shared my life with my BlackBerry Curve 8310 for the last 12 months or so, and have loved her well.
    However, we've both decided that we should move on to new relationships, so we've begun a trial separation. I've immediately shacked up with a hot new Curve 8900, and we're very happy together, but my 8310 just can't seem to getg over me.

So to help her move on, I've decided to help my ex find someone new. In that spirit, I thought a makeover might be in order. I wasn't her first love, plus life with me can be rough, so she's seen better days. Her face is especially scarred...

So I put it to you, the CrackBerry Nation, what should I do with my ex?

Translation:
    I'm going to be selling my old 8310. What should I do to get top dollar? Functionally she's in good shape, but her exterior has seen better days. Should I do a whole case replacement, or just the screen cover (which is the worst part)?
    Love the little story!! Very creative - treat her to a new titanium casing. She's worth it!! Plus you'll probably get a nice little return on your investment .
    10-05-09 07:38 PM
    Haha I have to say I love the story and I love the need for a translation.
    Love the little story!! Very creative
    What can I say, I get creative when I can't sleep...
    10-05-09 08:14 PM
    File a restraining order

10-05-09 08:16 PM
    I life story is one of getting sloppy seconds. I'll take her.
    ~D
    10-05-09 10:14 PM
    Anyone else wanna weigh in? I'm placing my CNN.CN order in a few days, so I gotta figure out what do buy first...
    10-07-09 11:16 AM
    I voted Titanium. People are always willing to pay more money if a product looks new/newer.
    10-07-09 11:25 AM
    I voted Titanium. People are always willing to pay more money if a product looks new/newer.
    That was my thought... especially cause she is a bit beat up... minor scratches, chrome chipped...

Personally, I like the Crimson, but I think the Titanium is more professional and might make it an easier sell..
    10-07-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD