Blackberry HS-655+ or Plantronics Discovery 925. I would love opinions and stories about both!
    11-16-08 07:13 PM
    i have the blacberry bluetooth headset, i find it great, it uses the same charger as the phone, its small and compact. the only bad thing i find with it is that the earpieces are removable and vary in size, and i keep breaking them
    11-17-08 04:23 AM
    I use the Discovery. I don't know anything about the BB 655. I have had a good experience. I especially like the case I receieved. It charges the headset when it isn't in use, nice perk. Those who I have called report a clear voice all but a slight "tin can" sound. Wind does not seem to be a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 04:31 AM
    I also use the Discovery. I read that grantdan keeps breaking the earpieces of the BB headset which worried me. The Discovery comes with these clear silicon-like earpieces that actually fit in the outer ear canal. It is the ONLY of many headsets I have tried out where it can be on my ear for hours upon hours and still be comfortable (invisible in fact). The only thing that keeps me reminded it is there is the difference in volume I can hear through the ear it is on (the device blocks the ear somewhat so it is understandable).

During the first few weeks of use I was in the car, phone rang, and I was searching frantically for my Discovery. It was in my ear. *tisk*

I have had callers report that I sounds tinny for the first few moments of a call. Seems the Discovery "warms" up? :P

I think either headset would be a fine investment, but you should really try to find a place where you can wear them both for testing. Only way to know.

HINT: Disable your phone's BT encryption for the best sound quality.
    11-17-08 05:26 AM
    its not the actual earpice that breaks, its the earbud, there made of a sort of urathene material that clips into the headset. i suppose if i was more carefull then it would last, but i seem to sit on it and im generally quite clumsy. iv had no reports of poor sound whilst calling using it, and i find it very comfortable for prolonged periods (3-4 hours of driving).
    11-17-08 08:37 AM
    I also use the Discovery. I read that grantdan keeps breaking the earpieces of the BB headset which worried me. The Discovery comes with these clear silicon-like earpieces that actually fit in the outer ear canal. It is the ONLY of many headsets I have tried out where it can be on my ear for hours upon hours and still be comfortable (invisible in fact). The only thing that keeps me reminded it is there is the difference in volume I can hear through the ear it is on (the device blocks the ear somewhat so it is understandable).

During the first few weeks of use I was in the car, phone rang, and I was searching frantically for my Discovery. It was in my ear. *tisk*

I have had callers report that I sounds tinny for the first few moments of a call. Seems the Discovery "warms" up? :P

I think either headset would be a fine investment, but you should really try to find a place where you can wear them both for testing. Only way to know.

HINT: Disable your phone's BT encryption for the best sound quality.
    What is the BT encryption and what are the downfalls whe its disabled?
    12-11-08 09:30 PM
    I had no real problems with my Plantronics 925. I recently (this week) changed to a Callpod Discovery V2 because I like an ear hook for security.
    12-12-08 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD