We need a family plan, and we're looking at 2 blackberry lines both with unlimited texting preferred. The other 3 are fine without data/text. Which provider between AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon would be the cheapest?
    09-04-09 08:03 PM
    IMO, i would go with whoever provides the best service. In my area, VZW is the best, AT&T is number 2.
    09-04-09 08:08 PM
    Yeah, definitely find out which one has the best service in your area.
    09-04-09 08:11 PM
    Like taeisme says, network coverage where you'll spend your time should be the #1 factor to consider. It's so important it should also be #2.

I'm on Sprint and have 450 minutes/month, unlimited messaging (both SMs and MMS), unlimited BIS data (which includes email), for $70/month. I get a relatively modest monthly discount and end up paying about $55. Sprint has insane deals on adding extra lines too.
    09-04-09 08:14 PM
    Well I'm in the SF bay area and from what I've heard from friends, all four of them have decent to good coverage around here.
    09-04-09 08:21 PM
    Depends who has the best coverage. I would go with verizon.
    09-07-09 11:10 PM
    I have actually had Cingular/AT&T ( Over the switch), Verizon, T-mobile, & I have had family members who had sprint.

I am currently with T-mobile which I can say I am happy with.

2 Lines with with 700 for $79.99, Which included unlimited nights & weekends and each line has FAV5 ( Unlimited calling to favorite 5, even landlines)
    With a Family Text plan which gives unlimited texting to all lines for one flat fee a month, $19.95
    1 line has a BB data plan for $24.99

Although I would recommend a plan with more minutes since your going to have 5 on it. 1800 minutes for $89.99 and 2500 for $109.99

I believe you get the two lines included in the plan and every extra line is $9.99 a month each. Don't know if that is the current price anymore.

If you do choose a lower set of minutes I'd recommend getting the Hot Spot which allows you to call using UMA, which BB devices from T-mobile have. There are other phones that support UMA, but I do not have the list.

Hope this helps.

P.S Verizon will most likely be the more expensive option but a lot of phone selections. & great coverage.

My family has had issues with Sprint due to outrages bills & poor customer service although they are building their coverage.

AT&T does an alright job in customer service but I found, that there coverage isn't too well in my area ever since they bought out Cingular. But it might be better in your area.
    09-08-09 12:12 AM
    I'd go with VZW. They have the best nationwide coverage so if you ever travel away from home you have a better chance at having coverage. I've had all of them in the past (TMO, AT&T, and Sprint) and VZW always had the best coverage for me.
    09-08-09 05:57 AM
    If you two are going to text each other most of the time remember BB to BB texting is free.
    09-08-09 08:09 AM
    Sprint & Tmobile will likely be cheaper, but Verizon and ATT will likely have better service.
    09-08-09 08:42 AM
    I would go with verizon since they do have good service.
    Verizon is also offering a BOGO sale with BBs right now so you can buy any BB and get any BB for free.
    Also you could do a 1400 min share plan and have 10 contacts you call anytime and it can be a home phone or a cell phone on any other carrier.
    09-08-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD