Hey Everyone,

I had to exchange my Curve for a replacement one today - loose charging port, not holding a charge well... anyhow, I've been making backups of my messages, etc., which have now been synched to my replacement Berry.

My question is this, I can not recall my prior PIN. How can I locate my saved applications, ie) American Idol, TwitterBerry, etc., so that I may also re-add them to my replacement device?

Please help me! Many thanks!

SmeeBig7.
    06-30-09 07:22 PM
    Did you backup the third party applications separately before you returned the other device?

A regular backup won't backup the third party apps.

Also, to locate your old PIN, you might be able to find it in your old backups especially if you sent any BBMs or PIN messages. Get ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter for your computer. There's a free trial. Then open your IPD backup file and look through the messages.
    06-30-09 07:28 PM
    Did you backup the third party applications separately before you returned the other device?

A regular backup won't backup the third party apps.

Also, to locate your old PIN, you might be able to find it in your old backups especially if you sent any BBMs or PIN messages. Get ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter for your computer. There's a free trial. Then open your IPD backup file and look through the messages.
    Thanks for the ideas! I could have sworn I saved my third party apps just about 2-3 days ago, though I've not located them. Also, I've not had any PINs with which to send BBM's since my original Berry...

Any other suggestions?
    Going to go search through the older of the backups now... Thank you!

SmeeBig7.
    06-30-09 07:44 PM
    c:\users\local\appdata\temp folder?
    07-02-09 01:25 PM
    If you updated the OS on the old phone, it probably made a full backup, including 3rd party apps. It's usually found in your My Documents folder and would look something like this: LoaderBackup-(2009-05-26).ipd

If you find a file like that, you can try browsing to it in app loader or restore from DM.
    07-02-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD