Ok, last Thursday I upgraded my Curve to the OS 4.5.0.56.

On Monday, the "go to" option on my BB internet browser stopped working. I'd click and it just wouldn't do anything. I could still access my bookmarks.

On Tuesday, I started getting a rendering error any time I tried to access a normal web page. WAP pages loaded just fine.

TODAY, I can no longer access WAP pages either. I get the same rendering error.

I've installed Opera and it works just fine. But, best I can tell, I can't download OTA apps without the native browser. I can't follow links in e-mail either.

I've already deleated all the service books, reactivated the BB, and resent the service books with no improvement. Multiple battery pulls haven't helped either.

I really need to figure out a way to get this fixed. Anyone have any good ideas?
    Last edited by kyriefurro; 08-21-08 at 03:53 PM.
    08-21-08 03:20 PM
    Take out the battery while the phone is still on. This will soft reset your phone, including Java.
    08-21-08 03:25 PM
    Take out the battery while the phone is still on. This will soft reset your phone, including Java.
    Uhhh....yeah. I've tried that and it didn't work. Thanks anyway.
    08-21-08 03:30 PM
    Uhhh....yeah. I've tried that and it didn't work. Thanks anyway.
    Try resending service books?
    08-21-08 03:48 PM
    Try resending service books?
    Yeah, did that too. No luck .
    08-21-08 03:52 PM
    There is a new beta 4.5.0.66 that is out. You might want to try to upgrade to that 1.
    Or you can try reinstalling the browser and see if that fixes your problem.
    08-21-08 03:58 PM
    Its a wierd glitch but I've heard of people opening the browser and letting everything load. then Menu button > Exit and then reopen and it works fine. Have you given this a try?
    08-21-08 04:19 PM
    Reregister from host routing table?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 04:22 PM
    Reregister from host routing table?
    Yeah, did that before resending my service books.

Its a wierd glitch but I've heard of people opening the browser and letting everything load. then Menu button > Exit and then reopen and it works fine. Have you given this a try?
    I can't even get the home page on the browser to work

There is a new beta 4.5.0.66 that is out. You might want to try to upgrade to that 1.
    Or you can try reinstalling the browser and see if that fixes your problem.
    How do you isolate the browser so you can reinstall it? It looks like it's inextricably tied to the OS and I'd have to reinstall the whole thing. Or am I missing something?

Thanks for all the help so far .
    08-21-08 04:28 PM
    Ok, last Thursday I upgraded my Curve to the OS 4.5.0.56.

On Monday, the "go to" option on my BB internet browser stopped working. I'd click and it just wouldn't do anything. I could still access my bookmarks.

On Tuesday, I started getting a rendering error any time I tried to access a normal web page. WAP pages loaded just fine.

TODAY, I can no longer access WAP pages either. I get the same rendering error.

I've installed Opera and it works just fine. But, best I can tell, I can't download OTA apps without the native browser. I can't follow links in e-mail either.

I've already deleated all the service books, reactivated the BB, and resent the service books with no improvement. Multiple battery pulls haven't helped either.

I really need to figure out a way to get this fixed. Anyone have any good ideas?
    This kind of thing makes me nervous to upgrade my OS - it seems it happens way too frequently for me
    08-21-08 04:29 PM
    This kind of thing makes me nervous to upgrade my OS - it seems it happens way too frequently for me
    Yeah. I was really leary about going to any of the betas, but this was an official OS releast (just not from MY carrier lol). My real concern is that the problem seems to be getting worse.
    08-21-08 04:31 PM
    From here, personally I would look to get .66 or .76.
    I know the wap on the pearl browser of 4.5 was crap for me, I went back to 4.3.
    You've done about all you can with what you have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 04:44 PM
    From here, personally I would look to get .66 or .76.
    I know the wap on the pearl browser of 4.5 was crap for me, I went back to 4.3.
    Yeah, I've downloaded .66 and I'll get it installed tonight. Guess if that doesn't work I'll go back to 4.3 *sigh*
    08-21-08 04:55 PM
    you might have to call your tech support and have them refresh your data features. that usually works. probably want to do a soft reset, refresh data features, send service books, and do a register now. if that doesn't work, hard reset the device and fru it.
    08-21-08 05:47 PM
    For anyone else who has this problem. I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.66 and the internet issues went away, so I suspect it was a bug or maybe a conflict with my carrier's settings.
    08-25-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD