I'm trying to install a theme on a 8703e Blackberry...

It downloads fine, but when I go to option> themes it does not show up there.
    I tried turning the device off and restarting but no luck.

I called blackberry technical support and they said I might need to purchase a third party software to install. Does anyone know how to install a theme or where I can get this software?

Thanks
    Last edited by floberry; 03-24-09 at 09:46 PM.
    03-24-09 09:37 PM
    03-24-09 10:07 PM
    If your theme doesn't show under themes, but shows up under Options > Advanced > Applications, then the theme you downloaded isn't compatible with either your device or OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:44 PM
    x is right. wrong software for phone.
    03-24-09 11:10 PM
    Thank you!! Thank you!! THANK YOU!! You all were so helpful!
    Xliderider - you were right the theme did show up in Applications.
    Sunkast - Thanks for the link I read through it. I'm on a mac so that makes the installing thing alittle harder. BUT I think I found a pretty pink theme on the crackberry site that should be compatible. The OS had the same number as my device, but it says it can take up to 24 hours to get the app, go figure ... guess I will have to see if this thing works tomorrow.

Thanks again. You folks are really great!!
    03-24-09 11:57 PM
    You're welcome. If you didn't already do it, go back to Options > Advanced > Applications and delete the theme that downloaded, but didn't work by highlighting it then press Menu, Delete.

If the BB asks if you want to reboot after the delete operation, say Yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD