I need someone to help me as soon as possible as I need my phone back. I have the Sprint 8330 curve and I got the JVM error 102. I successfully wiped the blackberry but I experienced problems trying to reload the OS back on. I got as far as to getting the Desktop Manager to somewhat recognize it, clicked on add applications, but there was nothing listed and i dont know what to do from here. I think I downloaded the BB handheld software but it looks like there is another software you have to download it but all the links i click take me back to the handheld software. If someone could try to tell me what I should do or give me the link(s) to what I need I think I could do it. I am new with blackberries so I am really lost right now. Thanks to anybody who responds.
    02-24-11 10:19 PM
    ... ... ..
    Last edited by Ibrahim Allaf; 02-24-11 at 10:34 PM.
    02-24-11 10:29 PM
    I need someone to help me as soon as possible as I need my phone back. I have the Sprint 8330 curve and I got the JVM error 102. I successfully wiped the blackberry but I experienced problems trying to reload the OS back on. I got as far as to getting the Desktop Manager to somewhat recognize it, clicked on add applications, but there was nothing listed and i dont know what to do from here. I think I downloaded the BB handheld software but it looks like there is another software you have to download it but all the links i click take me back to the handheld software. If someone could try to tell me what I should do or give me the link(s) to what I need I think I could do it. I am new with blackberries so I am really lost right now. Thanks to anybody who responds.
    Your are correct, there are two BlackBerry software packages you need to install for it to work correctly.

Start with Windows / Control Panel / Programs. There should be two BlackBerry entries. BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry OS software, specific to your device model.

If only one is present, you need to download and install the handheld OS software. Once it has been installed, it will only be recognized if it is an exact match for your Device and Carrier.

If the OS software is not recognized, you can use the following technique to make it universal:

Navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom of the list and delete the file Vendor.xml

At this point, you should be able to continue with the repair install.
    jane.koogle likes this.
    02-25-11 11:05 AM
    thanks for everybody trying to help. I eventually got it to find the applications but then i got some error (dont really remember now) about the email application not found and so I kept retrying like 50 different methods each time tweaking something different. Finally I found out the problem was not the application(s) but the desktop manager. I had originally installed 4.5 from a CD but read that i should upgrade so i got 6 and that didnt work either. So for no real reason i decided to try 5 and it all worked and i restored everything I backed up and now its running great. It was hours of frustration but definitely worth it in the end.
    02-26-11 12:57 PM
    kindly assit me with the download file for bb tourch 9850 os 7.1 download link to be installed on my wiped fone
    12-16-12 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD