wow, as I look through the forums and see all of the people that have VZW Curve 8330 and have had problems, im 13, this will be my first blackberry. I don't want anything to go wrong and have it be a waste of my christmas money. I already bought it and and im kinda afraid. Should I be? And by the way, if you don't have a curve, dont bother answering. it seems that people are having problems with the 4.5 OS. I am really concerned with all of the problems that people have had! HELP!
    12-13-08 09:21 AM
    I have the storm now but came from the Curve on Verizon and I loved it. Kinda loved it more than my storm. Only thing was I"m in the military and deploy overseas so i needed a world phone. But never had any problems with the curve loved it!!! In fact, i'm getting my wife one for XMAS. Don't tell her lol.
    12-13-08 09:24 AM
    Not to worry. I am at the opposite end of the age spectrum and if I can use the Curve w/o issues than I am sure you can. Do take time to go thru the Tutorial 101 though as it will help. As you encounter any problems feel free to post your questions if using the search tool does not provide your answers. As word of advice, do not "prohibit" non Curve owners from replying. Many of the experts have tremendous knowledge of the Curve despite owning another BB product at this point in time.
    Welcome to CB by the way, enjoy the Curve, and have a great holiday season.
    12-13-08 09:28 AM
    ha thanks mantray, i really appreciate it. i wont tell her, but yea i have lost sleep over it. I would open the box check it out, and just worry over it. Have a nice christmas and thanks for your work overseas!
    and teal, great tips, and i just thought that it was common sense to let curve users answer the question, but no I realize that there are many experts out there! have a great christmas as well!
    12-13-08 09:28 AM
    No problem. But it is a great phone man. Try to find some more friends with the black berry so you can try out the blackberry messenger! A very cool application that comes with the phone. Also the web browsing was great on it. I use it alot for youtube.
    12-13-08 09:30 AM
    If you have moderate computer skills, you should be fine. Nothing you should not be able to troubleshoot. For those that have "0" computer skills, I would advise them to stay clear. These are the ones that can only make phone calls, and nothing more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 09:33 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

A casual reader of the Forum can easily get the impression BlackBerry are beset with issues. In fact, only a tiny fraction of BlackBerrys have issues over their lifetime. Most are absolutely reliable.

Postpone the device software upgrade until you have some time to get acquainted with the basics. If you do it correctly, it is actualy very straight forward, a piece of cake.
    12-13-08 10:16 AM
    VZW's 8330 is a top notch Curve.

It was a pleasure using it.

Just because all you see is people complaining, that doesn't mean the phone itself is riddled with issues.

That just means that people that have a properly working 8330 have no need to make a post and say:

"AMAZING!!!! MY PHONE WORKS PERFECTLY!"

Because then they would be stating the obvious.

12-13-08 10:27 AM
    wow, thanks everyone, i feel much better, and yes i should be ok, im awesome on a computer. Thanks for all the tips and yes, I will try out berry messenger on the way to my aunts house on christmas day. thanks and hapy holidays to all!
    12-13-08 02:33 PM
    wow, thanks everyone, i feel much better, and yes i should be ok, im awesome on a computer. Thanks for all the tips and yes, I will try out berry messenger on the way to my aunts house on christmas day. thanks and hapy holidays to all!
    With BlackBerry Messenger and the rest of the Chat programs it supports, you always have something going on.

Going to make the long ride a pleasure, enjoy.
    12-13-08 02:38 PM
    ha yupp. thanks again for all of the help
    12-13-08 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD