My daughters Curve 8520 is playing games. Just bought a new sim only deal with Orange. Calls/Messages working ok but when I press the Browser button nothing happens. I have connected via WIFI to my home wireless connection and still nothing.

Under the Options/Advanced Options/Browser menu I only have the Hotspot Browser option, not sure if this is the issue.

Can anyone help before I throw it out the window.

Cheers
    01-12-12 03:08 PM
    Is the phone showing that it is actually connected to your wifi? If there is no wifi icon on the homescreen, then you are not actually connected to your wifi. You will receive and make calls/messages because your network is on, is my guess.

Have you done a battery pull?
    01-12-12 03:16 PM
    Might not be a bad idea to have the service books resent to the device. Do you have a BIS data plan on the device? I know you're hooked to WiFi and using the hotspot browser, but it's still worth a shot.
    01-12-12 03:22 PM
    I have turned off WIFI and taken out battery but still when I press the browser button nothing happens
    01-12-12 03:26 PM
    So are you connected to WiFi or not?

The BlackBerry Browser will not work unless you have a BIS data plan, WiFi or not. The nature of a BlackBerry is that it sends all data through the BlackBerry server, and that requires the BB data plan. Without valid BIS service books on the device I doubt that you'll be able to browse the web on your Curve.
    01-12-12 03:37 PM
    The WIFI is turned off. I am on a BB data plan.
    01-12-12 04:02 PM
    Sounds like the BB data plan is not activated yet, give orange a ring.

Have they taken the �5 out of your credit?
    01-12-12 04:06 PM
    Go to your e-mail setup application, press menu, select service books, then select send service books. See if that helps.
    01-12-12 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD