Does anyone know if the Curve 8330 from Verizon or Altell or ANY Curve 8330 work with US Cellular....(Wisconsin)

I HAD to give my Curve 8310 from AT&T back to my part time x-employer about an hour ago.

And I really don't know how I'm going to get through the next few days, weeks without it.

We ALL know too well how dependent we are on these Black Berrrrrriiieeessss

(sorry... I'm already having withdrawals....ha ha)

My full time job uses US Cellular and yes I have an account with them, but I'm no where near upgrade season.....and paying $500 cash for a new Curve 8330 at the US Cell store is just plain crazy.....

So my question is....will any Curve 8330 work ? I have seen ones on line used or refurbished for Verizon, Altell .....will these work with US Cellular ??

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-11-08 11:13 PM
    Sorry no it will not. CDMA devices cannot be used on a different carrier than the one it is branded to. IE: You cannot Use a Sprint 8330 on any other carrier but Sprint.
    07-11-08 11:29 PM
    Gosh I really feel for you that is terrible. It's like losing your dog except worse
    07-11-08 11:34 PM
    Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for you! If I could share I would.. maybe.. lol!
    07-11-08 11:44 PM
    You should check the "Market Place" here at CB for a used Berry. And you can check Craigslist as well. You can get a good condition Berry for rather cheap.
    07-11-08 11:45 PM
    For the flashing, I don't think it will work but check with the us cellular techs.

As for $ for the BB...time to start to hustle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 12:32 AM
    I would just have to have to plans as I do now. Go on Amazon and get one of the 8310 deals or one of the refurbs from ATT site.
    07-12-08 12:38 AM
    This might ease your pain

Blackberry Curve Refurb Package
    $1.00 - with new activation
    Free 2 day shipping
    Get Started - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    07-12-08 01:35 AM
    CDMA devices can be used on other CDMA carriers and is up to the carrier to add the ESN to their system. I would think the BlackBerry would be any different than any other CDMA device.
    07-12-08 11:27 AM
    Try to get out of your uscc account. Get a new plan somewhere else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 11:34 AM
    I agree get out of your current account. It might be cheaper to end your current account and sign up new with another carrier. The 8310 Curve is going for $50 at Car Toys here in the Puget Northwest,
    07-12-08 11:47 AM
    I'd try ebay if no one else has one.
    07-12-08 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD