I am in the process of trying to get my husband and my new ATT bbs (I got a Curve, he got a Pearl.) I am new to bbs since I have only had one (a Verizon 8703e for a month now.)

Ok, I searched the forums and tried to use the DM to use the Switch Device Wizard or the Backup/Restore function. I also tried to follow the bbfaq on 3rd party apps, but it isn't working. So what I ended up doing was redownloading all of my apps, but I am assuming I am going to have to repurchase Empower HTML viewer and ECheckRegister, right???

Then neither of the new bbs had internet browser icons, only the MediaNet browser. Again, searched here and found out how to fix that.

So now here is my frustration...I hooked up my husband's Pearl to use the Restore function from my bb so he wouldn't have to enter in ALL of his contacts. He at least would have my contacts and then would only need to add a few. Well now my email address has its own folder. I don't know how to get rid of it. I went to ATT's BIS site and updated my device under my user id. I have also sent service books, but as of now my emails are not being pushed to either my ATT Curve or the Pearl. Of course they are getting to my Verizon 8703e (I still have it while I am testing out ATT's network) with no issues.

Please help I am in bb meltdown, lol
    03-07-08 10:58 PM
    hmmm not really sure what you are asking but if u want to delete the email account from the blackberry you can go to options > advanced options > service books....look for the email account you want to delete,highlight it and menu > delete....
    or the easiest thing to do would be to the ATT website under BIS and delete the email account from there....resend service books....hope that helps but if i misunderstood,i'm always willing to make a second attempt....let me know how it works out.
    03-08-08 08:45 AM
    Thanks. I tried both of those things - deleted service books for my address (didn't work) and my address wasn't showing up on his BIS plus his device wasn't showing up on my BIS. I just went ahead and wiped everything which got rid of my email address on his phone. I am going to see if ATT can move his contacts over from his VWS Razr. Hopefully that will work.
    03-08-08 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD