Hi! I am new to this site. I just purchased my first blackberry (Pearl 8110). I like it with one exception. I am VERY frustrated by not being able to lock the keys while I am talking on a call with my bluetooth. I keep the phone in my pocket, and even though my phone is on "key lock" when I get a call, I still push buttons (and sometimes even the disconnect button and hang up on people) when I move. The person on the other end hears buttons being pushed in their ears!! This is my business phone. I am a pet sitter and I am always on the go and need to be able to move around while I am on the phone. I even tried putting the phone in a holster on my hip, and when I bend over to feed a pet, etc. I still press buttons that way! I called ATT, but they were no help. Can anyone help me - PLEASE!! I am seriously considering taking this back and getting another flip phone! This problem is not acceptable with my line of work. THANKS.
    08-19-08 11:53 AM
    download this autolock app (http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber...k/autolock.jad)

then in options go to autolock & select "Action when on call" = Lock

may this can help you
    08-19-08 12:01 PM
    Thanks for the Autolock link. I got it downloaded and selected the option "Lock while on call", but it still lets me push the number buttons, including the speakerphone and disconnect button. I was actually on the phone with a client tonight and bent over (while the phone was in a holster on my belt) and accidently put them on speakerphone. I then had to stop what I was doing, take the phone out of the holster, unlock it, and link back up with my bluetooth, all the while apologizing to my client. I CANNOT believe that I am the only one that is complaining about this problem. Apparently there is no solution and I HAVE to be able to be active while I am talking. Sorry guys, but I am going back to AT & T and try the iphone! Maybe since the keys are virtual, I won't have the same problem.
    08-19-08 10:46 PM
    i CANNOT believe you're makin such a big deal out of it :3
    08-19-08 11:41 PM
    i CANNOT believe you're makin such a big deal out of it :3
    It is a pretty BIG deal if you are an important call and you keep getting cut off, unless you are static. I know from experience
    08-20-08 12:28 AM
    Carboran,. Let me ask, have you ever considered the Otterbox case? You will find them in the crackberry store, along with roughly a dozen other cases that come with a belt clip that holds the phone face in (towards your body) so that you don't hit keys while speaking. The Seidio hard case with belt clip is another one. To be honest, I would never consider buying a "non flip phone" if it weren't for those type of carrying cases. I too am active with my phone and would be calling China without knowing it if I didn't have protection or a flip phone. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 02:51 AM
    Anyone know if that auto lock helps to lock the keys while playing music?
    Or does anyone know any other solutions for locking the keys while playing music?
    09-29-08 06:50 PM
    Hey.. I just got my bluetooth for my pearl 8110, and have noticed that it unlocks itself when a call comes in.. and if not careful you can end up pushing the buttons, calling people and odd things here and there. I can't say it's annoying yet, as I just got it today.. so, we'll see! if anyone finds a solution that works, let me know! Thanks!!
    01-22-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD