I have a boostberry 8350i, everything works fine except for anything related to my gps. My gps settings
    gps data source - device gps
    gps services - location ON
    Privacy settings - Unrestricted
    Lat and Long are set to zero, likewise with number of satellites

I've battery pulled, reset and the whole nine. running google maps, says "current location unavailable" followed by "gps temporarily out of service"

please help
    ~Piff
    05-29-10 03:04 PM
    reload your service books!!!!
    05-29-10 03:17 PM
    My original books? im running combined3 right now
    05-29-10 03:23 PM
    No one else had this problem, really?
    06-01-10 04:32 PM
    i sometimes get this when I first boot up Google Maps, but then it eventually loads.. I usually exit the map program then log back on and that seems to work.
    06-01-10 09:41 PM
    You need to make sure you are outside , with an uobstructed view of the sky. Then go to Advanced Options, GPS, hit the blackberry key and select Refresh GPS. Then hold your phone steady for up to a couple minutes while the device communicates with the GPS satellites. Once the refessh is done initially, it will normally sync more quickly going forward.
    06-02-10 10:48 AM
    I find that if I use TeleNav to find my location and then close out of it. All programs that use GPS work that much quicker. Even going to Options>Advanced>GPS and then refresh GPS. On clear days TeleNav grabs right away, if I try any other program first, it will take a few minutes and even sometimes fails.

Must be some type of lock that TeleNav releases. I thought I read where Verizon locks theirs only for use with VZNavigator.
    06-03-10 11:27 AM
    You need to make sure you are outside , with an uobstructed view of the sky. Then go to Advanced Options, GPS, hit the blackberry key and select Refresh GPS. Then hold your phone steady for up to a couple minutes while the device communicates with the GPS satellites. Once the refessh is done initially, it will normally sync more quickly going forward.
    I have never been able to get the GPS working on my 8350 since I got it up and running. Google maps would never locate me, refreshed my GPS location several times, no luck.

Just came across this thread and figured I would try doing exactly what you said..Bada boom bada bing, instant gps location, google maps worked perfectly, I almost didn't believe what I was seeing, thanks for advice. I recommend it to anyone having problems, it took about 2 or 3 minutes but it finally locked on this time(I imagine it was the fact I have never thought to go outside with clear view of the sky), worked great though.
    06-04-10 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD