I just got the curve 8900 from T-mobile.

I've tried watching videos from the preinstalled Browser, Opera, and Xenozu (a bb ap made for youtube) with no success.

I can get to the site, browze for videos, but when it wants to play it will sit there with a green loading icon in the upper right corner and never loads. Screen just stays black.

Anyone have some advice? I changed my tcp to wap.voicestream.com like the xenozu recommended but that still didn't work.

HELP!!!
    Last edited by Cwc; 05-15-09 at 11:08 PM.
    05-15-09 08:14 PM
    go to vuclip, it has the same videos
    05-15-09 09:30 PM
    I forgot to mention that I was using WIFI
    05-15-09 09:55 PM
    what os are you running?
    05-15-09 10:16 PM
    Says v4.6.1.114 (platform 4.2.0.76)

Brand new 8900 from tmobile
    05-15-09 11:04 PM
    go to vuclip, it has the same videos
    Unfortunately they don't have the videos that I like watch on YouTube (College Football Clips )
    05-16-09 03:17 PM

I've tried watching videos from the preinstalled Browser, Opera, and Xenozu (a bb ap made for youtube) with no success.

I can get to the site, browze for videos, but when it wants to play it will sit there with a green loading icon in the upper right corner and never loads. Screen just stays black.

Anyone have some advice? I changed my tcp to wap.voicestream.com like the xenozu recommended but that still didn't work.

HELP!!!
    What emulation mode is your browser running??

I'm not sure how to access this on the 8900, but on the 8120 you can:
    1. Open browser
    2. click menu item
    3. browser configuration
    4. scroll to emulation mode

Mine's set on 'BlackBerry' and youtube works great. Should also work on MS IE.
    05-16-09 03:24 PM
    What emulation mode is your browser running??

I'm not sure how to access this on the 8900, but on the 8120 you can:
    1. Open browser
    2. click menu item
    3. browser configuration
    4. scroll to emulation mode

Mine's set on 'BlackBerry' and youtube works great. Should also work on MS IE.
    Under Browser Configuration the only option I see that has blackberry, firefox, and internet explorer is called "Browser Identification" I don't see an emulation anywhere.

Currently it is set to Blackberry. I've tried all three settings and still no video. Any other suggestions?
    05-16-09 03:52 PM

HELP!!!
    Good luck on this and please post your results. Youtube is a major pain with BBs.
    05-17-09 01:34 AM
    Under Browser Configuration the only option I see that has blackberry, firefox, and internet explorer is called "Browser Identification" I don't see an emulation anywhere.

Currently it is set to Blackberry. I've tried all three settings and still no video. Any other suggestions?
    Emulation and browser identification are the same things, just worded differently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 02:15 AM
    Do you have any problems playing videos outside of youtube (by default youtube plays videos outside your browser on the video player)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD