my 8830 is for some reason showing the hourglass on the main screen lots, for long periods of time... also, is it bad that i charged the battery when i first got it half way up then left for a few hours then came back and charged it to the max when i got home??? can i do this?? any help?
    11-22-08 03:49 PM
    try checking your file free under options->status->file free

when your mem is low you usually get an hourglass spinning
    11-22-08 04:01 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The easy one first, no problem with charging your battery. It uses a much advanced technology for extended life. You won't harm it.

The Hour Glass means your device is busy or is suffering from a power supply issue. If the BlackBerry is rebooting each time, showing the startup screen, that is an indication of an internal problem and means it is defective.

If the HG returns you to your application, it could be a software compatibility problem. Try removing any third party applications you have installed until you track down the culprit.
    11-22-08 04:03 PM
    it isnt showing the startup screen is each time... i just see the hourglass over my desktop with my 5 icons on it.. and it says i have plenty of battery... something like 70% or something.should i take her back to Verizon???
    11-22-08 04:09 PM
    If you are confident it is not a third party software problem, you should discuss it with your carrier.
    11-22-08 04:19 PM
    try checking your file free
    11-22-08 07:53 PM
    thanks guys
    11-22-08 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD