I was trying to upgrade my Curve 8330 from 4.5.0.77 (which I had previously upgraded to) to 4.5.0.131. I followed the directions on how to upgrade exactly, but while the new OS was installing via Apploader I got an error message saying "A fatal error has occurred."

Now the LED is constantly blinking (twice at a time), nothing on the phone works, and I cannot get Desktop Manager to even recognize the BB. I've tried using the USB cable with no battery to no avail. Can someone help me get my phone back? I did make a backup right before I tried to upgrade, so once I can get my phone recognized again I will be fine.
    08-14-09 10:40 AM
    Check out this thread, and it should be able to walk you through getting your berry back up and running.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    08-14-09 10:46 AM
    Wipe the phone, reinstall the OS, and then restore from back up.

EDIT: Sorry... I need to refresh my screen more, didn't realize dreamtobelieve beat me to it
    08-14-09 10:50 AM
    Sorry about that drjay. its all good atleast were on the same page.
    08-14-09 10:52 AM
    No problem at all dream. As long as the info got out to cannman is the important part. Well played giving the link tho... that was a better idea anyways.
    08-14-09 11:03 AM
    No worries.

Cannman, let us know how that goes for you.
    08-14-09 11:17 AM
    No worries.

Cannman, let us know how that goes for you.
    Thanks for the quick response. Following those links I was able to reload OS 4.5 on my phone than restore my backup file to my phone. Everything is working fine again and DM has no trouble recognizing the phone. Thanks for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 12:59 PM
    Glad you were able to get it up and running!
    08-14-09 01:01 PM
    Ditto
    10 char

08-14-09 03:48 PM
    Well done guys, make us all proud when it comes together well.
    08-14-09 05:00 PM
    Check out this thread, and it should be able to walk you through getting your berry back up and running.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    It helped me save my back up berry that I thought was gone forever!!!!!! Even called to get a replacement then it hit me! Check the CB threads and I can say that it saved my berry and my money for another back up berry!!!!!! check it out..........

08-15-09 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD