hey guys in europe right now i have a blackberry torch, i what i did was unlock my phone as i was under the impression when i stuck a euro sim card in my phone it would give me a local number along with data. I also assumed the data would let my email and bbm services work as normal... this is not the case! also if i connect to wifi on my bb i only get internet on my browser and still no emails or bbm. help please, btw my enter, shift and caplocks buttens are broken on this computer!
    07-30-11 06:50 AM
    Does your local SIM card contain BlackBerry Data?
    Did you set up / transfer your email addresses to the new BIS?
    07-30-11 07:04 AM
    well i got it from the service provider "one" they did sell bbs in the store. not sure what you mean about transfering bis?
    07-30-11 07:10 AM
    Wow. Ok. Let's start over.

Well, you need to verify that the SIM card you have contains BLACKBERRY DATA. Generic data will not work. And the fact that they "sell bbs in the store" may or may not mean that they offer BlackBerry Data.

And you will need to move your email addresses to the new carrier's BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) or set them up brand new on the BIS.

Your previous BIS won't work on your new SIM card. It's a different carrier.
    07-30-11 07:33 AM
    caLL YOUR CARRIER AND ASK TO ACTIVATE A BLACKBERRY DATA SERVICES
    07-30-11 02:43 PM
    It sounds to me like a service book issue - if you have the Blackberry data plan then you need to update your service book on your device....
    07-31-11 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD