Hey guys, like all other phone such as nokia, sony ericsson.. u can transfer media files to other devices without entering any sort of passkey what so ever and it appears on the recievers phone all they have to do is press yes or no.... BUT why does the 9700 not allow it, it has to pair first which takes time.. how do i disable the passkey prompt so it can just search and send without anyone entering a passkey???? bluetooth security options are only HIGH OR HIGH + ENCRYPTION but theirs no LOW option?

please help me!
    Last edited by jasmannan; 11-24-09 at 01:17 PM.
    11-24-09 01:12 PM
    Using passkeys protects you from people sending possibly harmful content without your consent. What you are wanting to do is unsafe. I don't know about other devices, but BlackBerry Bluetooth security won't allow it. From a business point of view, that's a good thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 01:22 PM
    so is their no sort of hack, or third party application which will allow me to do it?, because i use it for personal use and removing the passkey prompt would be very helpful.
    11-24-09 01:40 PM
    I'm not aware of any app or hack that would allow you to remove the security prompt on your device. Even if you could, that still would not allow you to send files to a stranger's BlackBerry without his consent. That would be grossly insecure. Security features are one of RIM's selling points.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD