RIM to expand BlackBerry sales, service network in India - Telecompaper

Research In Motion (RIM) is planning to enhance its BlackBerry sales and service network in Tier-II and Tier-III cities of India, reports the Business Standard. The company is planning to expand its presence and make its product available in over 6000 outlets with majority of them in Tier-II and Tier-III cities across the country by the end of this year. It is also planning to expand its product portfolio in 25 new cities in this year. Currently, it is present in 80 cities through 4000 outlets. RIM India senior director of channel sales Sanjay Kaul said that RIM has appointed Redington India as national distributors for GSM handsets and mobile handset distributor Brightpoint India as national distributors for CDMA and genuine accessories. RIM is developing and nurturing their retail network. By the end of this year, RIM will be adding over 2000 outlets. The company is also planning to open 250 more BlackBerry 'Experience Zones' support stores across India by this year-end. Through these Blackberry Experience Zones, the customers are assisted by the retailer where the customers can understand the use of BlackBerry products and get to know the propositions of BlackBerry smartphones vis-a-vis other smartphones. Presently RIM has over 500 such stores across the country. BlackBerry has taken an initiative to educate the retailers, called Channel Execution strategy to assist the prospective customers so that they can know about the functions and propositions of BlackBerry products. It has trainers in almost every city. These trainers educate the retailers and their salesmen about the product in their stores, so that they can pass the requisite and correct information to the customers. During the production launches they are also imparted class room training. Besides that, RIM keeps on training the promoters of the store and keep them updating about the product. The Northern region comprising Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi and Rajasthan has potential for BlackBerry phones, followed by West and South, Kaul added.

Looks to be good news for RIM's growth Strategy if they are going to more than double their presence in India
    07-08-11 07:45 AM
    Take a look at what was in "Suits" on the USA Network, episode 3
    07-08-11 08:39 PM
    Good stuff.
    07-21-11 08:16 PM
    Its not new news but think an editorial on BlackBerry Balance would be nice. Was not aware of this service for the enterprise and its kind of been over looked in the press. This solves the solution of consumers wanting to keep their personal life seperate from the enterprise servers. Not only are the businesses allowed to keep their strict policies but on the consumer part of the phone people can still play with facebook.
    07-24-11 12:08 AM
    Australia has approved the PlayBook for government use. It's the first tablet authorized.

BlackBerry PlayBook approved for use by the Australian Government | iTech Report
    07-31-11 10:51 PM
    please see above news report this is a big one just came out 2 hours ago
    07-31-11 11:00 PM
    not sure if this was posted anywhere...
    The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

the upcoming iphone 5 posts an impressive score of 303 compared to the "current" BBOS 7 at 277 (which is better than most desktop browsers). I guess it's too be expected considering that Apple is one of the forerunners for HTML5 "specification". <- those in web development will most likely understand why HTML 5 isn't a real specification in the strictest sense.
    08-02-11 12:36 AM
    Fake 9900's already popping up front looks similar but backs are completely different lol but just a heads up people want these already

4 band WIFI TV Tri Sim Tri Standby Mp3 cell phone T9900 | eBay
    08-03-11 04:05 AM
    9900's going on sale aug 12 on gum mobile uk?

RIM Blackberry 9900 Bold *New* Sim Free* Unlocked* UK | eBay
    08-03-11 04:08 AM
    Telus has the 9810 and 9900 listed as "Coming Soon" on their website.
    08-04-11 11:03 AM
    Someone just sent me this link ...20,000 BlackBerry phones for Jamaican teachers

20,000 BlackBerry phones for Jamaican teachers - News - JamaicaObserver.com

THE Ministry of Education has reached an agreement with Research In Motion (RIM) of Canada to supply approximately 20,000 of its BlackBerry smart phones to Jamaican teachers.

In a statement this afternoon, the ministry listed a number of benefits including a closed user group (CUG) to facilitate free calls between the ministry and teachers.

Meantime the possibility of teachers using the handsets to input information, such as grades and attendance data, into the Ministry�s database management system is also being examined.

New devices will be issued at the end of the second year of the project, which is to last a maximum of three years.
    08-05-11 03:43 PM
    9860 to launch in the UK ONLY in October?

BlackBerry Torch 9860 / SIM Free / Unlocked Mobile Phone - BlackBerry Mobiles at Play.com (UK)

At least it is about the same price the 9780 when it was released.

For some reason, it is marked as NFC enabled...
    08-07-11 08:36 PM
    not sure if this was posted anywhere...
    The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5? << mobile phones

the upcoming iphone 5 posts an impressive score of 303 compared to the "current" BBOS 7 at 277 (which is better than most desktop browsers). I guess it's too be expected considering that Apple is one of the forerunners for HTML5 "specification". <- those in web development will most likely understand why HTML 5 isn't a real specification in the strictest sense.
    Or this for the matter.

The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?<< tablets
    08-07-11 08:45 PM
    08-08-11 03:28 PM
    Oh crap posted in the wrong thread. Please delete
    08-11-11 04:26 AM
    I talked to a VERY reliable friend at vzw and they said you can order the new BB7's online or on the phone on monday the 15th! They will ship monday! and will be available instores on the 25th!
    the price will be $249 and I am not sure if that is before a rebate or not!
    I call vzw 5 times and each person that I talked to said the exact same thing!
    there we go!!!!!
    HOORAH!!!!!!!
    I am COMING HOME!!!!!!
    08-12-11 12:57 PM
    Talked to a store manager recently at an AT&T store, she said she was on the phone earlier that day and ordered the 9860, 9810, and 9900 and they will be there at the end of this week!! I will be back there then to confirm and get prices, and buy of course!
    08-15-11 07:06 AM
    I am surprised. Telus has boosted the pricing of the 9900 and 9810. Now over $300 - yowch! Today is launch day, your Aug 12 update to the north am pricing article was correct at 150 and 130, but now Telus Mobility site says 320 and 310.
    08-15-11 09:55 AM
    I am surprised. Telus has boosted the pricing of the 9900 and 9810. Now over $300 - yowch! Today is launch day, your Aug 12 update to the north am pricing article was correct at 150 and 130, but now Telus Mobility site says 320 and 310.

The Website clearly states here that Pricing still is at 149.99 and 129.99 Respectively for the Bold and the Torch. The Torch 9800 is also sitting at a reduced 79.99.

All Telus sales documents still say the same thing
    08-15-11 11:12 PM
    Per Engadget:

Seems to be a FCC filing for a BB device (Model RDC70UW) that has the SW number of 8.0.0.233 and has GSM / GPRS / Edge, WCDMA / HSDPA - more than likely a AT&T device.

Seeing how my post count is low, head to Engadget and check out the FCC Fridays article.

SS
    08-19-11 09:27 AM
    Been searching Verizon web site daily for Torch 9850 references.

Finally today 9-2-11 found this little hidden item.

Torch 9850 in device pull down for Bluetooth instructions.

####bierkraftdotcom\/images\/Verizon first torch 9850 referencedotjpg####
    09-02-11 09:38 AM
    App World 3.0 (3.0.0.73) is now available for downloading to the general public.

Confirmaci�n y m�s informaci�n: BlackBerry - App World - Official Store for BlackBerry Apps
    09-06-11 08:07 AM
    China Mobile is going to sell the Bold 9788 which will have a TD-SCDMA radio for 3G.
    09-06-11 10:14 PM
    Update for Wikitude to version 6.0.11
    09-30-11 09:26 AM
    Bbm for android
    First screenshots of BBM for Android leak | News | TechRadar UK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 08:08 AM
220 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD