Oh yes my friends, one of those posts again... Bare with me.

Let me start off by saying that I'm currently with Tmobile and I'm a Sidekick 3 user. My contract ends in March and I think I'd like to see what BB has to offer. However, I'm not sure which one I should go for.... Thats where you come in. I'd really like some opinions on which to choose.

For starters, I'm a teenager about to start college and work. I need a phone thats really going to have it all; media and organization.

- Texting friendly, I text A LOT.
    - AIM and MSN
    - Camera & video
    - Great web browsing
    - Music
    - Bluetooth
    - Youtube compatible (Not completely necessary but it could sway my vote...)
    - Downloads and apps (games and etc)

You get the point. I'd really like something that is good with media (though I know that BB is really for business). Thats one of the reasons I loved my Sidekick. I've compared a few different BB's and I'm honestly at a loss....

The Curve, Bold, Storm and possibly the Javelin. Which to choose? I have no problem switching services, though I do like Tmobile. Will the Javelin be available to Tmobile?

I'll leave it at this before I start going in circles but I really hope you guys are able to help me.
    11-23-08 01:16 AM
    Well going to a blackberry will be a life altering decision for you and you will not regret it. I have the curve and love it, it has everything you will need and there are tons of apps for you. I have used the pearl and forget about that. I am interested in the javelin/niagra when it officially comes out. The bold is also a great phone as well though. Either way you will be extremely happy with any of them. And welcome the CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 01:53 AM

- Texting friendly, I text A LOT.
    BB will work fine for this
    - AIM and MSN
    AIM yes, MSN I have no idea
    - Camera & video
    The newer device can do both. The older devices will need to be upgraded
    to OS 4.5

- Great web browsing
    The Bold, Javelin and Storm all have excellent browsers.
    But with OS 4.5 the browser is better. And some say Opera Mini renders
    sites much better. (I have no idea why)

- Music
    Almost every other device IMO handles multimedia much better than any BB,
    even the newer ones.

- Bluetooth
    Yes
    - Youtube compatible (Not completely necessary but it could sway my vote...)
    YouTube is pretty much crap on all BB's.
    - Downloads and apps (games and etc)
    This is one of those points where the BB loses all day every day. There is
    a shocking dearth of 3rd party apps and games for the BB compared to
    almost every other smartphone on the market.

You get the point. I'd really like something that is good with media (though I know that BB is really for business). Thats one of the reasons I loved my Sidekick. I've compared a few different BB's and I'm honestly at a loss....

If media is your primary concern, you may want to seriously look at something
    other than the BB. There are so many devices that do it much much better

Well going to a blackberry will be a life altering decision for you
    Well that is a whole heapin' mess 'o exaggeration.
    Life altering? By a phone? I think not.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-23-08 at 02:32 AM.
    11-23-08 02:28 AM
    I had an mda vario2 (and before that a vario1) and bb is way better - including media handling, browsing, youtube and apps. The vario2 had wifi and 3g but either tmobile or htc suck because although they worked it was poor. Now on vodafone (uk) so possibly a combination of the bold + vodafone, but it rocks. If you're coming from winmo, a bold will blow you away. Iphone has a nicer browser and prettier media handling, but doesn't do anything more than look nicer + it's a dog for data entry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD