Im after some helpful advice or recomendations please.

Ive had quite a few blackberrys, 2 pearls, 2 curves and then the 1st bold they released.
    For some unknown reason I decided to get an iphone, it was good for a while, but I hate the restrictions if you dont jail break, and hate the lack of a physical keyboard, Im now due for an upgrade.

Im torn at the moment between the latest Bold release and the Torch, any advice yould be gratefully received.
    If its any help I mainly use my phone for calls, emails, twitter and some use for facebook.

Emma x
    03-05-11 02:27 PM
    The Torch is the best device ever IMHO. Coming from a 9000 I am surprised but the touch, slider, keyboard combo wins for me. Lots of e-mail, little Twitter and small phone is me.

Spend plenty of time usung both. Pick the one that suits you best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 02:46 PM
    I love the Torch for the larger display and physical keyboard. It's not the same as a Curve's or Bold's, but it's better than just a virtual keyboard.

But, if you cand stand the wait for another few months, there's a Torch 2 and Bold Touch rumored to be coming by the fall. Torch 2 is basically the same form factor as the original, with a 1 ghz processor, more memory, and better display resolution. Bold Touch looks a lot like the Bold 9000 with a better processor and display and a touch screen. Both should probably get OS 6.1, and both should be significantly improved devices over what you can get today.

Whether you jump now or wait for the newer stuff to arrive. If you don't do a lot of browsing, you'll probably find the candybar form factor (Curve, Bold) most suitable.

03-05-11 02:54 PM
    Bold. Even with a physical keyboard, most seem to stick with the touch screen so the keyboard becomes added weight in a way. I loved my 9700. Awesome phone.
    03-05-11 03:06 PM
    Bold. Even with a physical keyboard, most seem to stick with the touch screen so the keyboard becomes added weight in a way. I loved my 9700. Awesome phone.
    Not really ... I have become addicted to the touch screen for most things, but for anything longer than a few words, I always use the slide-out keyboard. I think you'll find that's what most people love about the Torch. I don't do a ton of browsing, but I do enough that I wanted the larger display of the Torch. (Although curiously now that I have it, I've found that I do a lot more browsing than with either of my previous BB's ... go figure). It's a great combination of both worlds for me. If I could change anything on it, it would be to have a landscape slide-out keyboard.

But if you do more typing activities and less browsing, there's no question that the Bolds' keyboards are much more comfortable to work with.
    03-05-11 03:53 PM
    Also a 9800 (Torch) owner, like some of the above posters have said; it is a very good device!
    Slider physical keyboard, touchscreen keyboard, bigger screen, and lots more.
    It is adviceable to actually play with the devices before you make a decison on which suits you, but in my honest opinion; I think the Torch is the winner!

03-05-11 03:58 PM
    Absolutely love my Torch. Oddly enough, I don't even use the touchscreen because I love having the physical keyboard, but enjoy the large screen display the Torch provides. It's been a great phone, very solid, and OS6 .450 is just amazing on my battery life and everything is so fast. Best of luck on your decision!
    03-05-11 06:24 PM
    i liked the torch, esp the bigger screen which made navigating easier. However, you have to experience whether or not you want the touch screen. also, newer models are coming soon, so you might want to wait!
    03-05-11 11:40 PM
    Personally, I would wait for that touch screen / keyboard duo set to come out this year. Best of both worlds, no sliding keyboard hassle, better camera (if you're into that sort of thing). That's just my $.02 tho
    03-06-11 11:26 AM
    Thanks everyone.

Went to the shop today, have decided on the torch, for the bigger screen, I quite like the slidey keyboard, the bod just wasnt heavy enough to feel like I have something in my hand, which is a big thing for me, as I tend to drop stuff alot.

Picking it up on Weds as they didnt have any in stock.
    03-06-11 01:06 PM
    Excellent choice!

Once you get your hands on it, mess with it for a few days and get comfortable with it. Then, before you load too many apps on, go to the http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/ forum and get all the info you can about installing either .448 or .450 of the OS. These latest leaks come highly recommended, as really wake this phone up and fix a few bugs.

Congrats, and best of luck with your new phone!

03-06-11 01:37 PM
    You are on Crackberry.com dude, who's gonna tell you not to go back to your Blackberry...? haha.

But yeah, if you still have your BB Data Plan, I would advise you to go back to your 8900.
    03-06-11 05:43 PM
    Blackberry Torch is a really good phone with outstanding features but there is no comparison with iPhone because the “Blackberry Torch” is a slider and I don’t recommend buying this one. Six months ago I used Sony Ericsson W595 slider after some time the ribbon got damaged that’s the reason I don’t prefer slider phones.
    03-07-11 01:29 AM
    Blackberry Torch is a really good phone with outstanding features but there is no comparison with iPhone because the �Blackberry Torch� is a slider and I don�t recommend buying this one. Six months ago I used Sony Ericsson W595 slider after some time the ribbon got damaged that�s the reason I don�t prefer slider phones.
    9700 or 9780
    03-07-11 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD